JWs say its impossible for "worldly people" to be happy

by shopaholic 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

After I DAed I thought I was going to go out and get all sorts of naught girls who did all sorts of naughty things all the time.

As it turns out, the most naughty girls were in the WTS. All you had to do was get one alone and she changed from little-miss-pioneer to horny-as-hell-slut. (I suspect that the vast majority of the JW "virgin" brides are NOT.)

When it comes to "worldly" gils you actually have to work to bed them... which has greatly improved my game. Now when I get any religious girl alone, it's like shoot fish in a barrel.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

The gossip around our old hall since we have left is that we must be having marital, mental problems or hiding some secret sin . It's almost laughable. We have never been happier, kids are doing great in school and are actually participating in school events and we are doing pretty good career wise. We have gotten closer to our neighbors who are very much like us work hard , love their kids just the usual stuff, they seem very happy to me. There are some mixed up flakes in the world, but there are plenty in the congregation too. I know for me, what made us very unhappy was being dead-dog tired at three meetings a week, never having time as a family feeling as if it was never enough and being judged constantly.

• Robert7
    Robert7
    Which is one sign that the WTS is operating a cult. Demonize the rest of the world and claim that the only path to happiness is through them. Cult 101 stuff.

Absolutely. When my mom found out about me, one of her first comments was "How are you going to raise the kids?". The fear of 'the world' is so bad she can't even contemplate how I will raise my kids to be good moral people without geing in the cult. She also said my marriage will fall apart and overall I will be very unhappy. Of course none of this has come true.

• CHILD
    CHILD

Trying2understand,

Your daughter's ex-boyfriend is not not playing mindgames. His mind is truly messed up. He truly believes what he's been taught by the Watchtower and he cannot be happy or think for himself until he stops allowing them to control his mind. I cringe every time I think of telling my then boyfriend he "had to become a Witness" before we married. We were barely married two years before I realized I no longer believed a lot of what the JWs taught.

I wasn't raised by JW parents and always knew I was loved by my family. Unfortunately, I was a true believer. My parents waited for me to leave and I've yet to hear " I told you so."

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

It is interesting to note how others see them:
    - JWs might think that they are the only ones who are happy.
    - However, to people in the community (i.e. in JW-speak, "The World"), the Witnesses always look sad.
    (I have heard a number of people independently make that same observation).

This is just another JW fable; the same as it is "impossible to feel spiritual anywhere else but in a kingdom hall", or "the holy spirit is present only in a kingdom hall", JW assemblies are "upbuilding and refreshing", field service is a fulfilling activity, and so on.

Jack.

• chickpea
    chickpea

JWs say a lot of things......

i am now happily a worldy person...
    engaged in "charity" work that is not
    meant to save ME, but to render succor
    unto those who need it most

hopefully i have not retarded my children
    with the poison of the b0rg's teachings
    that there is no virtue or value in charitable acts

i do not smoke and i am on the cusp of my 19th anniversary of sobriety
    so i definitely do not drink or use recreational drugs.... i dont even use
    pharmaceuticals to sustain this mood of satisfied happiness i feel,
    in spite of what a therapist once told me was a crippling family history.....

JWs say a lot of things, and most of the content is bogus

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

This even more highlights the truth that the JWS and the people that support this faith are full of bullshit.

Ignorance is food for the stupid one and satisfying

There are just as many of people that suffer from depression in this religion than out of it and probably more.

If JWS are so bloody happy why is is that most take mood enhancing drugs and alcohol and have a high incidence of suicide.

I think I just answered my question.

Take it what ever they say as self promotion just as they have been taught to say by their leaders.

• restrangled
    restrangled

In my 49 years....I have never known a JW to be happy. Most are waiting to die, on medication or need to be.

r.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The response from each of them was that "worldly people may pretend to be happy by throwing themselves into charity work and community service to avoid facing the real issues. Shop, its impossible to be happy without Jehovah.

The Christians that I met after I escaped the tower all say the same thing. "You cant be happy without God.

As far as happiness, what I know bout it, Happiness is a do it yourself thing.

People are as happy as they make up their mind to be.

And when it comes to happiness "faking it until you make it" Faking happiness, acting happy, probably goes a long way.

So do you guys know any happy "worldly people" or all they all druggies and sex addicts pretending to be happy?

People have their up's and downs some are happy one day the next day they are thinking of their problems.

I know people that act cheerful, that 90% of the time have something nice to say.

You never know about drugs, who is taking them who is not.

I doubt everyone is taking them, because I know I dont.

As far as some drugs probably the only thing wrong with mariquanna is Budwiser, Seagrems and the church dont want people smoking it because it cuts into their proffits. And the government, you could grow your own weed to get high and then you wouldnt be paying tax on booze or as much tax.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

A co-worker was having this discussion the other day. Since someone else was going to take a smoke, she explained that she never has smoked, and always rejected drugs while she was in college.She is generally pretty well adjusted... OTOH, she remarked about a JW coworker that the JW was always bitching about something or other, and that the JW would rather not have to work at all.

Hmmm... I wonder who is happier...

In my case, I am definitely much happier than when I was a JW... perhaps its the drugs, wild parties (nope)..... well, ok, maybe the wild sex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit