Music Groups or Singers have you seen in Concert Before ? Your Opinion ?

by flipper 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad

We just went to see James Blunt two weeks ago, he put on brilliant concert.

We have also seen Bruce Springsteen a while back which was very good too.

• flipper
    flipper

CALIBER- So it seems you are a country music fan ? Is that correct ?

BUBBLIE- Wow ! What experiences you have had seeing the Beatles, Led Zeppelin twice ! Moody Blues, and Jethro Tull ! You like all the groups that are among my favorites too !

MINIMUS- Al Green is great ! Great voice ! I like Marvin Gaye a lot too and the 4 Tops ! I like Sting big time ! Have all his music ! Hope I can see him live some day. Grassroots and Beach Boys ? Wow ! You do go back , don't you ? 60's stuff ! Boney James - I have some of his stuff. So you are into jazz as well ? I also have some Rippington's music, Peter White, Fourplay and other upbeat jazz musicians albums and CD's. Even though my roots are the blues and rock & roll !

QUIRKY- Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, Genesis - great groups you list there !

LEOLAIA- I'm a huge Robert Plant fan ! Since I'm a big Led Zeppelin fan as well ! Depeche Mode is great too ! I have lots of their stuff. A friend on the board this summer turned me and Mrs. Flipper on to the sounds of Queens of the Stone Age. They are a really great band ! Good sound !

STILLA JWEXELDER- The Rolling Stones ? Wow ! Hope I get to see them live before I die - or they die ! Whichever comes first ! I'm a big Dire Straits fan too. And a big Mark Knopfler fan as well !

LEAVING WT - I bet you were dancin' in the ailes to KC & the Sunshine Band perhaps, eh ? " Get Down Tonight, Get Down Tonight " !

MULAN- Great list ! You have seen some of the classic performers then ! Sinatra, Bob Hope, Fabian, Neil Diamond, and even Cher ? Was she wearing her crazy outfit ?

ANGHARAD- James Blunt is a good up and coming artist . But I'd still give my right leg to go see a Springsteen concert someday ! I bet that was great ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Quandry
    Quandry

Ooooh, the Englebert Humperdink video brought back some memories-I saw him some time in the mid eighties. I like many of his songs, as well as Alan Jackson's.

I saw Glen Campbell in Meridian Mississippi in 1969, before he became really famous.

Saw Kool & the Gang regularly in the early eighties when I worked at Disney World in Florida.

• flipper
    flipper

QUANDRY- Yeah, my wife went with her mom to see Englebert Humperdink back in the early 80's as well. She said she had to " fan her mom off " as her mom was excited about Mr. Humperdinks sexual appeal ! LOL! Glen Campbell- Now that's going back a ways ! Kool and the Gang were a good R 7 B band as well ! Good stuff ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

One of the best concerts I ever saw was The Steve Miller Band, which surprised me because I've never been more than a casual fan, but his backing group was top-notch and they put on a great, fun show. I think this was around 1997 or 1998. I actually went to the concert to see Eric Johnson who opened, and I was disappointed with his performance frankly.

I saw my idol Joe Satriani back in 2005. I have to admit that I don't care for his squawky live guitar tone, and two hours of him wailing away, soloing like mad all over the place got to be a little too much. I'll stick with listening to his studio recordings.

• flipper
    flipper

DAN the MAN- Interesting what you say about Steve Miller band being great live ! I've heard that before that he was great live . Also I've heard Tom Petty was great too liv ! someone you wouldn't expect it from perhaps

• avishai
    avishai

RE: Savatage... They became the Trans-siberian orchestra

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

stillajwexelder I saw STeve Harley back in the day. I really enjoyed him.

Mr. Soft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pX67knfRdg

• flipper
    flipper

AVASHAI- I never realized Savatage became Transiberian orchestra ! Interesting ! I had an ex-girlfriend who saw the orchestra in Sacramento one time

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

First concert: Culture Club, 1984. I was enthralled.

Hall & Oates 1985

Pink Floyd 1988 (This was at an outdoor venue, it rained and it was cold. I developed pneumonia after, and missed the last month of school before graduation.)

Sting with Melissa Etheridge opening for him 1993

Paul McCartney--1993

Cowboy Junkies 1994, 1996, 2000 (the 2000 show not so good--at the House of Blues, and Margo kept complaining how rude the audience was. She was right, but it spoiled it.)

Swingerhead, Cherry Poppin' Daddies --late 90's

McGuire Sisters--1996, Rosemary Clooney at Epcot in mid- to late-90's

Jesse McCartney (dragged to that one)

Matchbox 20--2001

Audioslave--2005

Harry Connick, Jr.--2007

Ingrid Michaelson--about six weeks ago, excellent. Check out Erin McCarley and Meiko, on tour with her.

All American Rejects--about three weeks ago--intimate venue of about 300, Tyson Ritter has made my heart go pitter-pat since 2002, but he is rather goofy and at times overly crude (wow, I really sound like a mom, now.)

Cute is What We Aim For--about two weeks ago (Secondhand Serenade was headlining, but didn't really care about them. We left in the middle of their set.)

Thought about driving up to Atlanta about two weeks ago to see Squirrel Nut Zippers, but didn't make it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit