Music Groups or Singers have you seen in Concert Before ? Your Opinion ?

by flipper 47 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Matchbox 20 and Life House (2000)

Clint Black (1990's)

Chicago

Johnny Lang (2001)

Nickelback (2005)

Godsmack (2006)

Eric Clapton w/Robert Cray (2007)

Dream Theatre (2006)

Metallica (2008)

Not a bad one in the bunch

• Mulan
    Mulan
    MULAN- Great list ! You have seen some of the classic performers then ! Sinatra, Bob Hope, Fabian, Neil Diamond, and even Cher ? Was she wearing her crazy outfit ?

She had many costume changes, and did wear that great outfit from "If I Could Turn Back Time". For 63, she looks very, very good.

I went to see Shania Twain with my daughter and granddaughter too. Good show. She has some really good musicians in her group.

• flipper
    flipper

GWYNETH- Pink Floyd is great ( sorry you got sick after ! ) , Paul McCartney ( greatest show I ever saw ! ) , Matchbox 20 I like a lot too ! I have several of their CD's.

TROUBLED MIND - Matchbox 20 I enjoy. Man - I'd give my left leg to go see a Eric Clapton / Robert Cray concert ! I bet THAT was a great show !

MULAN- So Cher did do a lot of wardrobe changes ? ! Thought so. That must have been interesting as well. Shania Twain has a great voice - I bet her show was really good

• caliber
    caliber

How could I have forgotten my first real concert .. THE POPPY FAMILY....

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=n8SPVEhZN5E

sweet sadness of Susan Jacks singing...such heartfelt emotion

Caliber

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Grand Funk railroad....

and a bunch of others....

Queen - Live Killers Tour three and a half hours plus, no opening act they did not need one!

Ozzy w/Randy - Def Leppard opened Original line up.

Kiss - awesome show

Black Sabbath - w/Dio

Rush - Always a great show

Garth Brooks another great show.

About 100 others but these were the best.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Last band I went to see were My bloody valentine in their first set of shows in the last ten years, no show as such, the band didn't say a word for the entire set. If they had spoken, based on their general demeanor, it would only have been to tell their audience to go f*ck themselves. The light show seemed to be designed to induce epilepsy and the last half an hour of the show was a solid wall of feedback. The volume was, to put it lightly, deafening. I have personally worked in aircraft engine test bays that were quieter. Earplugs were handed out at the entrance to the show and the volume was still ear-bleedingly loud.

They played most of their best known (well...best known to their fans anyway) tracks, feed me with your kiss, slow and glider being particularly good.

The band walked off without even so much as a thanks after leaving their instruments locked into a feedback loop. There was no encore and the audience seemed catatonic on the way out.

It was great... we shall not see their like again.

• flipper
    flipper

CALIBER- The Poppy Family ? Are they from Canada ?

HOPE 4 OTHERS- Grand Funk Railroad was really good ! They had some good tunes .

2112- I like Queen and Rush a lot also ! Would have liked to see both groups live !

CAEDES- My Bloody Valentine sounds like it was a pretty strange show - did you lose your hearing at that show ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit