Music Groups or Singers have you seen in Concert Before ? Your Opinion ?

by flipper 47 Replies latest jw friends

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Now I'm really aging myself: The Doobie Brothers, The Police, The Kinks, The Stones, Journey, Bryan Adams, Huey Lewis and the News, Def leperd (did I even spell that right?),James Taylor, Bon Jovi. Every summer we say "we say we should go to a concert", but it's just so expensive now. We end up downloading our favorite songs and sitting on the patio with a bottle of wine.

• four candles
    four candles

Mr Flipper you old rock dude!!!

Lynyrd Skynyrd twice....be a third time next year when they come to the UK.

Deep Purple,Genesis,Robin Trower,Rory Gallagher,Dire Straits,Eagles,Motorhead,Saxon,....and most of the british heavy metal bands. Hawkwind,Johnny Cash,Bread,The Shadows,Yes,Tangerine Dream,10cc,Chris Rea,Chris De Burgh,Whitesnake,Def lepperd,Black Stone Cherry,Joe Bonamassa,The Darkness,Wishbone Ash,UFO,Meat Loaf,Rainbow,Led Zeppelin,......and any more I can remembe rI'll put on later.

All shows were excellent!!

• flipper
    flipper

DOOM VOYAGER- Savantage . I guess I'm an old geezer- haven't heard of them . LOL!

NO MORE KOOL AID- I agree it is expensive going to a concert ! My wife and I buy DVD's and watch concerts on T.V. sometimes. Another less expensive way to see your favorite groups perform live ! But you saw some good shows ! Police, The Rolling Stones, Kinks, Bon Jovi- I like all of those groups !

FOUR CANDLES- Good picks by you ! You saw some great artists ! Lynard Skynard, Robin Trower, Dire Straits, Led Zeppelin- and yes I have most of Chris Rea's music too ! Great groups and performers all of them ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Fish(Marrylions)

o dear o dear o dear

best gigs ever....

u2 - zoo station tour.

pink floyd - the wall

peter gabriel - growing up

roger waters - dark side of the moon

marillion - brave

fish - return to childhood

genesis - turn it on again

queen - live killers

plus alanis, bruce springsteen, yes, counting crows, phil collins, steve hackett, british sea power, coldplay, doves, elbow, embrace, keane, oasis, porcupine tree, rem, radiohead, sigur ros, starsailor, texas, the verve, train, tori amos, sheryl crow, dido, neil diamond, elton john, neil finn, tim finn, the finn brothers, split enz, david gray, tom mcrae, george michael, steve winwood, arcade fire, athlete, 10cc, aqualung, bread, grandaddy, camel, red hot chilli peppers, bon jovi, bryan adams, kasabian, manic street preachers, evanescence, jet, icehouse, longview, seahorses, maroon 5, the polyphonic spree, 13 senses, the charlatons, cardigans, feeder, haven, killers, kings of leon, mutton birds, rolling stones, shed seven, simple minds, squeeze, turin brakes, joan armatrading, minnie driver, lucie silvas, amy studt, kt tunstall, suzanne vega, howard jones, don mclean, al stewart, muse, dream theatre, linkin park, the who, rod stewart

these ones are all thru choice.. i have seen lots of others thru work.

obviously some gigs were better than others...but the 2 biggest disappointments for me were phil collins (life-long fan, but played too many covers, too much brass, and too many drum solos) and counting crows (adam was being obtuse and changed almost every song to being unrecognizable)

• flipper
    flipper

TIJKMO- Wow ! You have seen lots of groups and shows. Wish I had seen as many as you have ! Of your list I too really like U2 , Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and one from the archives - Al Stewart . Must have been some great shows seeing all those performers

• caliber
    caliber

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4hxdRva7lGo

Saw Engelbert twice.. love his romance songs (that's my weakness) seen twice

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=c9PwWkV4HQ4

A humble good old country boy.. moving .. soul searching songs... seen 3 times

(actually had people say I look like Allen..10 years ago when I had more hair )

Caliber

• caliber
    caliber

Other people I've seen... Sawyer Brown....Susie Bogus.. Diamond Rio..

These are not my outstanding favorites but they were all good in they own way( good lively rhythms)

As a child seen Wilf Carter right in my little home town.. he actually came over and talked to me after the show..

pretty exciting for a 9 year kid !

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnu6ui_8nI0

Tammy Wynette.. a classic country and western singer

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=S9J7XE-ctMU

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

I am so old I saw the Beatles on their last tour of the States, in 1966. Saw them in Washington, DC at RFK stadium. It was so fab! Saw The Who got the meet a couple of them & went to see them a few more times loved them, Led Zepplin at least twice, The Young Rascals from NY they were great. Saw Santana at Wintergreen in California, this was the first time I ever saw a band take a break then come back & play for another hour, they were wonderful. I don't know how many times I have seen the Moody Blues they never disappoint but the best concert I saw was at a local club in Virginia that had Justin Hayward from the Moodys with his own band. Just saw Jethro Tull on his 35th year tour, they are still getting it done, even as old guys. I used to live to go to concerts. I just recently saw Future Man from Bela Fleck's band at a Ba-Rock the Vote in Tennessee, he jammed with some of the local bands it was cool. I love a band called Fairport Convention & have seen them many times, they are an English folk rock band that is great live. I won't go on it is late here & I must go to sleep.

Kit

• four candles
    four candles

Hey Bubblie,

I've seen Fairport aswell,they were fantastic,the musicionship is just brilliant!! Also seen Del Amitri,Uriah Heep(twice),various tribute bands,the best of which was the Australian Pink Floyd,and seeing as though the original band will not be playing again this is the next best thing....very authentic.

Check out Skinny Molly,I,ve seen them 10 times now and will go again,featuring Mike Estes who used to be in Lynyrd Skynyrd. They really rock!! And have a CD out called 'No Good Deed'.

• minimus
    minimus

How's this? Most 70s and early 80's soul, funk or R&B act, I've seen. Al Green, Tower of Power, Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose, EW&F, Tom Jones, AWB, Aretha, Manhattans, 4 Tops, The Temps, JB, Brass Construction, Cameo, Marvin Gaye, Teddy P, Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes, Anita Baker, Stylistics and sooo much more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit