Music Groups or Singers have you seen in Concert Before ? Your Opinion ?

by flipper 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Let's see...

Ronnie VanZandt Band

Michael Stanley Band

Charlie Daniels

Arrow Memphis

Iron Maiden

Axe

Coney Hatch

Rick Deringer

Our Lady Peace

Van Halen

Sammy Hagar

Genesis

Ozark Mtn. Daredevils

And there are a few that I do not remember. Heh, heh.

• minimus
    minimus

More I've seen: rick derringer, bb king, elton john, steve winwood, sting, buckinghams, grassroots, beach boys, drifters, diana ross, kool and the gang, paul anka, huey lewis,gladys knight

• minimus
    minimus

Jefferey Osborne, evelyn king, gq, whispers, candi staton, lionel ritchie, boney james, gloria gaynor, shelia e, kc, a taste of honey, ohio players, michael jackson and janet, maxine nightingale, michael mcdonald, chuck mangione, will downing, heatwave, madonna, george clinton, thelma and whitney huston, patti labelle, peabo bryson, sos band, fatback, regina belle,alexander o'neil, ashford and simpson, drifters, plus a lot more.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

OMD (1986) boring, show sucked

Robert Plant (1990) loved it, wished Pagey was there tho

Metallica (1992) great, great show, but painful since my tape recorder broke, had to keep my thumb on the record button all night

Depeche Mode (1994, 2x; 2001; 2006, 2x) since they're my favorite band of all, loved every show

Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage (1996) enjoyed it immensely, but had to leave before it was over to catch the last bus

Metric (2003; 2004, 2x; 2005) my favorite band of this decade, got to meet almost everyone in the band, and one show the singer made an in-joke with me

Minipop (2004, 2007) great local dreampop band, love their songs

Silversun Pickups (2007) good show all around

Interpol (2007) great, played all my favorite songs

Queens of the Stone Age (2007) sound was rather muddled, but I liked the show

Kaiser Chiefs (2007) decent show but not too memorable

The Flobots (2008) way, way better than their hit song "Handlebars" or their website suggests, the violinist was amazing

Matisyahu (2008) just saw this last weekend, excellent show all around, great guitar and hypnotic guest rapper from Boston stole the show

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel 4 times

The Rolling Stones

The Fivepenny Piece

Camel

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Dire Straights - did a greta "Brothers in ARMS" LIVE

• four candles
    four candles

The Fivepenny piece????? How did you hear about them,stillajwexelder???

Linda,the singer,worked in our local Tesco for a while,sweet voice she had. Remember 'Watercolour Mornin'?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Dwight Yoakam, The Innocence Mission, Radiohead, Supergrass and KC & The Sunshine Band are among the most enjoyable live shows I've seen.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Cher...........really good show, she is funny and curses like a truck driver. Her show at Caesar's Palace in Vegas is a real extravaganza.

Platters, Coasters and Drifters (in Vegas) music from the 60's........we loved it

Neil Diamond many times..........he puts on a great, really long show, with encore after encore

Reba McEntire............also great show with good lead in acts

Kenny Rogers (20 years ago)............great show,........his lead in was The Righteous Brothers

Brothers Cazimero (love Hawaiian music)

Frank Sinatra (he smoked non stop)

Della Resse

Bob Hope (I'm dating myself now)

Kingston Trio

Brothers Four

Fabian (when I was about 14)

probably more, but that's all I remember right now

• caliber
    caliber

some more I had forgotten to mention

Neil diamond.....classic.. inspiring.. soulful

Collin Ray... clear ..crisp...refreshing sound

B. J. Thomas .. many touching ballets....haunting beautiful instrumental sound and echoes

Michelle Wright .. the most powerful voice I have heard live

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=n8uuEoEj0NA

Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit