Music Groups or Singers have you seen in Concert Before ? Your Opinion ?

by flipper 47 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I've seen a good number , not as many as some, or maybe a few more than others. Here's my list I've seen live !

Ottmar Leibert - New age / flamenco guitarist - Very good show , good percussion and Spanish style guitar ( 1993 )

Moody Blues - 3 times - Very good shows , had a great sound live . ( 1988, 1989, 1993 )

BB King - Great blues guitar , very solid. ( 2002 )

Buddy Guy - Excellent show ! Tremendous guitar player ! One of the best blues guitarists I've seen live ! ( 2002 )

Paul McCartney and his younger band ( 2005 ) The greatest show I've EVER seen ! Played all the old Beatles stuff and his ! Almost 4 hours .

Charlie Musselwhite - Excellent harmonica blues player and his band was great as well ! ( 2006)

Joe Louis Walker - Very good blues guitarist . Really creative and good band backing him. ( 2007)

So these are some of the more mainstream names and performers I've seen and my wife has seen. Went to the McCartney concert with my son ( 21) at the time. A great Birthday gift ! So list what groups you have seen, and your takes as well ! Look forward to hearing about it ! Peace to all, Mr. Flipper

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I saw Elton John back in the day before he was anybody. He was playing with Steppenwolf, I snuck backstage and got on stage and they thought I belonged there. I sat about 5 feet away from him behind the curtain at public hall in Cleveland. I thought he was going to go somewhere in the music business.

I saw Bob Seger before he was famous, the Bob Seger sytem, Rambling gambling man and Lucifer.

He played organ and had a bass and drums. No guitar. Something was missing.

I saw Neil Diamond before he was famous probably the same show with Bob seger. I think he played as a 4 piece. Played all the songs that made him famous before he went lame and used to rock.

Tommy James and the Shondells was one of the best sounding shows I heard in the 60's.

I think the most famous group I saw was the Doors, with Jim Morrison. that show was history.

I saw Neil young. dissapointing it was no Buffalo Springfield.

Mountain.

Humble Pie. Steve Marriot and Peter Framton.

Procal Harum.

Spirit.

The kinks many times. Back in the 70's they put on great shows with here comes flash. the first Rock opera group. They put the who to shame.

Joe Walsh and the James Gang. at the local teen club, "Chesterland Hulabaloo" Before he was famous.

Benjamin Orr before he joined the cars he was in a local Cleveland group.

Eric Carmen before he was famous at the local teen clubs.

The best concert I ever saw was Andreas Vollenwider. He plays harp the kind the angles play. Check out his music He is great.

I saw BB King. He sat down for the whole show.

Joe Satriani, and Stevie Vai they break lots of strings especially Stevie.

Steve Winwood and traffic. Organ drums sax/flute that was it.

Onigo Boingo great band great show I wish they would come out of retirement.

Blue Oyster Cult many times, they are my favorite living rock band. Saw some great BOC shows with the origianl band.

Todd Rundgren many times. Great songwritter great show

Tom Petty the heartbreakers with stevie Nix.

Inxs. great I saw them before they were famous with the gogos.

The gogo's very good

Sting several times. great show

38 special. All the songs sound the same

Ted Nugent. Lam republican waco

The original Chicago Transit Authority with Terry Caith, Peter Cetera. The orignial band they dont make them like that anymore.

The turtles. Flo and Eddie rock Icons.

The Buckinghams great

The Guess Who. great band

The grass roots great show played all the hits

David Bowie and the Spiders from Mars. Dissapointing he was a poser live sound and music poor.

Brian Wilson. He was great they say his band is better than the beach boys.

Dave Mason heapkeeper tour

Jeff Beck Several times. great guitar player, plays with his thumb never breaks a string or tunes the guitar through the hole show

Korn, They were good

John Mayer.

Lincoln park. all their songs sound the same

Probably some I cant remember.

Savatage saw before they were famous in St Pete. sound was bad.

Rem very good saw them before they were famous.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Being so far out we get a couple of bands now and again, we have fabulous local bands. *international: black eyed peas was a party, jamerequa? was funky, REM rocked, JZ not too bad, Rhianna sucked, Celin Deon is not my fav but got free tickets, she can sing . Going to Maroon 5 & 1 republic in Dec. *local bands: Freshly Ground, Parlatones, Prime Circle, Cutting Jade, Just Ginger, harris tweed.

• oompa
    oompa

my fave and must fun ever concert was when i was 18 and saw chuck berry with the drifters opening....i actually got to dance on stage with chuck leading 12 of us doing the bunny hop!!...and i took some great pics that were put in my HS annual.......

one of the best was was fleetwood mac...very early on..... opening for the eagles in the mid to late 70's

also marshal tucker opening for lynard skinner

and heart on their barracuda tour

damm and bruce springsteen with billy ocean opening...oh

and one more...

BTO!...ya i sat on the edge of the stage and hurt my ears by the speaker (that bachman turner overdrive)........those were the day......oompa

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

oompa, you're OLD!!!!!!!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I've seen the Moody Blues myself. Yes, it was a great show. I've seen Pink Floyd, Rush, Stone Temple Pilots twice, Cheap Trick, Soul Asylum, Counting Crows, and Genesis.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Almost every concert I have been to, it's because friends and family wanted to go and I went with them. I think I've only been to one that was my idea. Anyway, that explains the very eclectic mix below.

Anne Murray (my mother dragged me when I was 10) 1973

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (my brother dragged me when I was 18) 1981

The Pointer Sisters (dragged by friend) 1983

Bryan Adams "Summer of 69" tour. (OK, that was my friend and I didn't have to be dragged!) 1984

Willie Nelson (dragged by friends but now he is a favorite) 1985

The Judds (dragged by friend) 1987

Blue Rodeo 2006, 2007, 2008

I just noticed there was a 20 year gap in concerts. Raising children is not conducive to concert going. My son is now seeing all the old greats from the 70's that I was never allowed to go to.

He has been to Ozzy, Metallica, Crewfest, and now going to ACDC! He also loves Zeppelin, The Doors, Hendrix and Neil Young! He's been to more concerts in two years than I've been in my whole life. I'm actually really glad he's having fun seeing all those Satanic groups from the 70's. The seventies Rocked!

• justhuman
    justhuman

Hi Mr. Flipper you rock dude.....

My last concert was few days ago when I watched White Snake, and David Coverdale..the guy rocks....specially when he sang "Soldier on Fortune" accoustic...In my opinion one of the best hard rock voices

Elton John, he played solo with a piano under the medievial walls of our city...he was boring and his voice not so good

Sting....great perfomer good concert

Scorpions-they rocked like a hurricane

Brian Adams...nice concert

Chris de Burg...a good one also

There was a band called S.A.S Band and it was made by Fish(Marrylions) Paul Young, Roger Taylor(drummer of Queen)and Spike Edney(keyboard Queen) they were good

And some classic concerts:

Pavarotti...it was the last concert before he died...he was tired

Andrea Boccelli...great voice

Deborah Myers and Mario Frangoulis(greek tenor)at the 2500 year old Greek amphytheater that we still use it for concerts!!!Great accoustic and the scene is magic

Those I can recall at the moment

peace

• flipper
    flipper

JAGUARBASS- Interesting experience with Elton John there. Funny ! I would have given a mint to be with you watching that Doors and Jim Morrison show ! Was that the show he exposed himself at and got arrested ? Neil Young I like a lot. I'm also a big Blue Oyster Cult fan too- great group. INXS I liked a lot and Tom Petty. Wish I could see Sting sometime before he grows too old. I have all his music ! Great artist !

LOUBELLE- I bet Maroon 5 was a great show ! Were those local bands you listed rock & roll, reggae , or blues groups ? Just curious.

OOMPA- I bet that Chuck Berry show was great ! I'd give my right arm to go to a Bruce Springsteen show ! Bet it was great !

KEYSER SOZE - Moody Blues was a great show ! I'd have loved to have seen Pink Floyd in their prime. One of my favorite groups ! Richard Wright the keyboardist is dead now - so I guess that won't be a happening event ! I liked Genesis as well !

COGNIZANT DISSENDENT- Tom Petty I like a lot. Sounds like you saw a few country western artists ! With the groups your son picked - sounds like I'd like to go with him to some concerts - if we ever met ! LOL! I'm also a huge Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Doors, and Neil Young fan ! All of em'.

JUST HUMAN- Thanks ! You rock too ! I'd love to see Sting perform some time in the future ! I love his music. Have all his stuff ! Scorpions were good I bet. And you saw Pavarotti before he died ? That must have been something ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager
    Savatage saw before they were famous in St Pete. sound was bad.

Is this the Savatage that did In the Hall of the Moutain King? If so, cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit