Where did you meet your lover/partner/husband/wife and..

by mtsgrad 51 Replies latest jw friends

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Snoozy's story rocks!

mtsgrad

• fern
    fern

Online. I was feeling brave one night and sent him an IM after reading his profile. We talked and emailed for 2 weeks before we went on our first date. I think I was falling for him before I even saw him for the first time. It took him a lot longer to fall in love with me, but that is just his personality. He is very careful and cautious. We have been married now for 2 years and we're still crazy about each other.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I met my partner here:

http://www.milkwoodaviaries.com/

and it was love at first sight.

W

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

We were hippies. He moved into the house I was living in the rent a room. He worked in a Health food store. Had wonderful long, dark curly hair and sparkly green eyes, with such curious ideas about love. That was so many years ago it is hard to really remember since we were always stoned. It was the seventies. What can I say? Don't think it will be the same with the next one I meet.

Kit

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I met my wife at the hall.

And it was love at first sight.

Still married since 72.

• yknot
    yknot

I knew I was marrying my hubby before I even looked at him.......

I was a blind rescue date to keep him from having to take out a girl his momma picked.

I rounded the resturant table (his back to me), and took my seat opposite of him but not yet looking and before I sat up straight from securing my purse my brain was already arguing that he was it..... guess it was radar, instinct, or pheromones. Either way I knew his hair and eye color and was born between certain dates before I sat up straight.

He asked to see me exclusively within an hour and proposed 7 days later......(the funny thing is both of us are extremely commitment phobic)

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

When I ran away from home and moved to my dad's, it was my senior year in high school. Of course, I went for all the bad boys. But, this one geeky band member kept asking me out, and I kept saying no.

Fast forward 14 years,,,,,,,,,,I stop in the local small bar after work for a drink. I see someone that looks familiar. We get to talking.......It's the geeky band member, who was divorced. Instantly, I knew that he would be my husband. This, coming from someone who swore off marriage. We were inseperable for 3 weeks, then he asked me to marry him. We were married 2 weeks later.

Our marriage was good for several years. But it didn't survive the teenagers, or me. That JW shit was haunting me, and he didn't know what to do. That wasn't the entire reason for our breakup, but alot of it.

• PEC
    PEC

I'll let Barbie Doll tell the story.

Philip

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Here's a mind-bender. I met my wife at a KH while I was on my honeymoon with my first (now ex) wife. We went to Nashville for our honeymoon. On our way into the city on I-40, we saw a sign for a KH near the interstate. We decided we'd come back and go to a meeting there while we were in town. While there, after the meeting, this nice sister and her husband come up to us and we start talking. They hospitably invite us to their home for dinner and ended up showing us Nashville. We had a great time and we stayed friends as couples for most of my first marriage. They came and visited us in MO, and we visited them a few times too.

So, life happens. I remember getting a letter from them saying that the hubby flaked out and went in search of younger companionship. We didn't stay in too close of contact then. Eventually, I went to work for a retailer that was headquartered in Nashivlle. My wife through the beginning stages of my work for this company told me she found "true love" with someone else. Heartbroken, I went to Nashville for some corporate management meetings. While there, I decided to look up our friend, since she was the only person I knew there. Wouldn't you know it, I had her current address and phone number. It happened to be the only name and address in my personal address book that my soon to be ex-wife had ever written in there. I called, we arranged to meet and have dinner and drinks, not as a date. When I left, she let me know that I would be welcomed back heartily. Before I knew what happened, I was driving 200 miles each way about twice a week to come see her. When my divorce was final, I immediately drove 200 miles, got there, proposed to her at about 2 in the AM. She said yes, then I turned around and drove back to be there in time to open the store. 3 weeks later, we were married. This Dec. 15th, we'll have been married for 10 years.

• virgo
    virgo

First saw my wife when we were both 12 years old on a bus traveling to a district assembly. I was smitten and knew that one day we would marry. We were in different congregations. First time that I spoke to her was at a convention in Durban. Started dating at 18 and married at 21. Still together after 31 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit