Where did you meet your lover/partner/husband/wife and..

by mtsgrad 51 Replies latest jw friends

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

The first story I want to tell is about my JW parents. I love hearing and telling this story. My mom was 16 and at a dance hall type of place in 1958. Why a 16 year old was there is beyond me. She was there with her BFF and when they spotted my dad. Her BFF said how cute he was. My mom told her "Stay away from him, that is the man I am going to marry." Needless to say her BFF backed off and 2 1/2 months later my parents were married and are still married after 51 years last month.

This experience is my own. This is my 3rd husband. There are stories about the other 2 but this is the most interesting.

After hubby #2 and I divorced I became friends with a woman who worked in the same Medical building I did but in a totally different area, me being in Pediatric Pulmonology and she was in Adult Pulmonology. We both like Karaoke and we met one night in a bar and we got talking and became instant friends. She had just divorced her husband so we had a lot of time to 'play.'

That year I had no family or friends to spend Thanksgiving with since I was disfellowshipped and socially retarded to boot. Even though my friend and her ex were divorced, they were still friends. For Thanksgiving her ex decided to have Thanksgiving at his house for her and the 2 kids. She asked him if she could bring a friend (me) because I had nowhere to go and I would be alone. He said yes although he was nervous because he is an Engineer and socially inept himself.

My friend, the boys, and I walked in and my friend walked up and gave her ex a very seductive kiss. Once I saw his eyes, after he opened them from the kiss, I was struck at how beautiful they were. A gorgeous sky blue, and he had brown hair so it was striking. I had an inital 'jolt' at the time but I don't know if it was the beauty of his eyes or love at first sight.

Yes, I married that man 11 months later. We have been married 15 year last October. He is such a wonderful man! I know my family likes him more than they do me.....but I don't care....I understand.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

At a dance club, i spent most of the night just looking over at her unable to break the ice. Then she came over and kissed me on the lips.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit