WHY don't Americans realize GUNS are destroying their country?

by Witness 007 334 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Ridiculous thread... Asinine... Micheal Moore pretty much proved in bowling for columbine that guns WEREN'T the problem! WTF movie were you watching? He went to Canada every SOB up there had a gun and they didn't have the problem!

As to the stats those are BS the majority of SUICIDES in the US are with guns. Take those out of the equation and see what happens! Or maybe add in the suicides via other means from other nations.

• inkling
    inkling
    Micheal Moore pretty much proved in bowling for columbine that guns WEREN'T the problem!

I'm pretty sure micheal moore has never "proved" anything except his willingness to bend the truth for the sake of entertainment.

He is pretty much the poster boy of bad journalism.

I don't totally disagree with his conclusions, I just happen to think a bad argument is even worse than no argument.

[ink]

• restrangled
    restrangled

accck....what does anyone need a gun for.,.....killing or the threat you can kill?

Is this the way everyone wants to lead their life?

Want to kill animals, want to kill humans,......want to kill your girlfriend, .....want to kill your family,...your dog, your child, your wife?

What the hell do you need a gun for?

Protection? Get a good dog.

r.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Is this the way everyone wants to lead their life? What the hell do you need a gun for?

I don't want to live that way, but the world is not a safe place. As long as there are bad things that threaten good people, good people will need to be able to protect themselves and have a willingness to fight.

A dog? What a joke. And besides, what is the moral difference between shooting someone or having you're trained attack dog rip their throat out?

None.

BTS

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Dog vs any handgun in trained hands: Dog= 0, gun= 1

Dog vs any crossbow in trained hands: Dog= 0, crossbow= 1

Dog vs any knife in trained hands: Dog= 0, knife= 1

Dog vs any pepper spray in trained hands: Dog= 0, pepper spray= 1

Dog vs any weapon at all in trained hands: Dog= 0, weapon= 1

Dog vs any bare trained hands: Dog= 0, bare trained hands= 1

BA- Verdict- Dog NOT really that good at protection in real life.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Michael Moore is an idiot. Bowling for Columbine was way off base.

• avishai
    avishai

accck....what does anyone need a gun for.,.....killing or the threat you can kill?

Is this the way everyone wants to lead their life?

Want to kill animals, want to kill humans,......want to kill your girlfriend, .....want to kill your family,...your dog, your child, your wife?

What the hell do you need a gun for?

r.

Are you kidding? First off, you can't take your dog everywhere. Second, there are FAR more maimings, killings, and injuries caused by dogs every year than Guns. ESPECIALLY children. Ask anyone who works in an ER.

• avishai
    avishai

Gun stats..

http://ericwalczak0.tripod.com/id10.html

Dog stats

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/statistics.html

Say there's 105,000 gun injuries in the US every year serious enough to warrant medical attn.

Know what that stat for dog bites is every year? 800,000, and that's just the ones serious enough for medical attn. Dogs BITE 4.7 MILLION people in the US every year. I say we ban dogs.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I say we ban dogs.

I love dogs. Ban dogs and only outlaws will have dogs. Where will the law abiding, poop scooping citizens be then?

Seriously though, there isn't much point discussing guns with some people. Some have what amounts to an irrational fear of the inanimate object itself: hoplophobia. You can't argue with a phobia.

BTS

• avishai
    avishai

Okay, then ban all dogs except those used in hunting, etc. You know, single action dogs. Semi-Auto and Automatic dogs should be banned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit