Mrs.Chickennest has cancer

by Thechickennest 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

My wife and I learned this week that she is suffering from a large malignant tumor in her sinuses. The cancer has spread to her lymth nodes and the PET scan indicates a mass on her left lung as well. The sinus cancer is called sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma. The lung cancer type is yet to be determined by biopsy. We are devasted. We have been married for 26 years and we were best friends five years before that.

We are leaving for the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota on Monday. The tumor in her sinuses in inoperable and treatable with radiation and chemotherepy only. While there are becoming more success stories in dealing with this rare and fast growing type of cancer, the prognosis is generally not good.

Her JW mother sent her a card. First contact in twelve years. Her disfellowshipped father showed up at the hospital with the stepmother. It was a disaster. I had to kick them out. She has seven siblings. Three of them have made contact with her for the first time in many years. One is an inactive witness and the two are not witnesses. Ran into a local witness at a department store today. He actually greeted me. I was shocked.

Keep us in your thoughts or/and prayers if you wish.

Anyone out there that has had this type of cancer? How was it treated? Any ideas?

Thank you.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

So very sorry to hear it. What aweful news. Please keep us updated on her condition. Big hugs to you and her.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

You and your wife have all my best wishes and hopes for a good recovery. I know you are devastated. I'm so sorry that you are going through this at all.

Love, Shelly

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Love and strength to you both... you will be in my thoughts. Think positive... you just never know... I have seen plenty a "miracle" myself.

Love,
    Baba.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I can't imagine how scary and overwhelming this must be for both of you and those who love you. My thoughts and concern are with you. When things such as this take place in your life, suddenly all the silly concerns of life melt away and you are left with what really matters. You're are put in touch with what is truly important, in the most profound of ways. You get this huge, dark weight dropped in your life, like an asteroid landing on the eastern half of the United States. It takes a few weeks to get your bearings and to find the earth again, on which to plant your feet, soundly. I have read that hope is the most important thing to cling to. That it can make a huge difference in recovery success. Look for the people who offer you hope and light. Whether it is medical staff or some support group or network. Gravitate towards the positive and the hopeful.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I am so sorry. Sending positive thoughts your way.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I am so sorry you are having to go through that. Just remember they are doing wonderful things with chemo and radiation these days..my hubby had a lung tumor also but it had already spread to his liver..that is where it is hard to treat..the liver processes most chemo and if that isn't working well....they have no way to treat it. They did use chemo for his lung and that had shrunk considerably in a very short period..but the liver was too full by the time we caught it.

Do they have Cancer Centers of America there? I heard a lot of good things about them. My prayers are with you both..I know how awful it is to hear those words.

Snoozy...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sorry to hear that...try going to some Naturapaths who can recommened diet and suppliments that can asist her in healing...100% worth a try along with her radiation treatments....ask in health food shops also...there are things that assist with Cancer and radiation recovery of immune system which is important.....I read good things in Philp Days book "Cancer why were dying to know the truth." and Vitamin B17.....low alkaline diets.... I would try everything that didn't cost a total fortune....many people claim some of these things worked for them....all the best! Give everything a shot and do some reading.....most of all don't give up HOPE which is the greatest cure of all, no matter what Doctors say....keep on pushing thru.

• free2think
    free2think

Im so sorry. Big Hugs to you both, I'll be thinking of you both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit