Mrs.Chickennest has cancer

by Thechickennest 43 Replies latest jw friends

• crazycate
    crazycate

I am so sorry. I hope everything turns out well. You will be in my thoughts.

Best wishes, Cate

• StAnn
    StAnn

I am so, so sorry. My mother is currently suffering from an inoperable brain tumor~noncancerous~and the prognosis for her is not good BUT she's 73 years old and has been married for 52 years, so as sad as it is to lose her, at least she has lived her life.

I will pray for you, every day, and wish you the absolute best of luck at Mayo.

StAnn

• delilah
    delilah

You are in my thoughts tonight...I hope all goes well at the Mayo clinic.As someone else stated, "never give up hope".

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Let me tell you...even in their 70's and 80' and some even 90's are never ready to give up!

Saying she has lived her life...no. Just because you are what they consider "Old" doesn't mean they don't want or have a right to keep going on.

Believe it or not time goes by so fast when you get older...I am 65 but it seems like I am 40. i don't know where the years go but they go by too fast. A 70 or 80 year old doesn't feel any different than a 30 or 40 year old. They too want to live a longer life..they don't want to die...there is too much to do in life..even if you are crippled or have a disability...

People act like once you hit a certain age it's OK to die because you lived that long anyway..it just doesn't work that way. We would rather just keep on going unless we are so sick we are just miserable all the time..but even then if we had our rathers...we would rather be well and keep on going...

Remember this when you are in your 60's or 70's..lets see if you can say you are ready to die because you lived a "Full Life"...

And remember too...you don't want to end up saying when you are 70.."If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself"!

Snoozy...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit