Ran into the JW table at San Diego airport...

by Confession 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• happy1975
    happy1975

I work in a downtown area and often see JWs doing street work. It consists of sitting on park benches with the mags in their hands talking to each other. Sad and funny all at the same time.

Happy

• Open mind
    Open mind

Attn: Bethel Monitors!

Time for a KM article on how to do street work.

Beat those sheep!

Entertaining anecdote, BTW.

Thanks.

om

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am surprised that they are allowed to do that on airport property...especially in these days of 'homeland security' ..Over here we were not allowed to witness on any privately owned land that was not a public adopted street. I have seen them at railway stations but always just outside the entrance, on the pavement.

Yes , it does sound like "easy hours" ..In contrast I met an old chap from the local congo one really cold winters day, in a wheelchair in the High Street . He really tried to engage every passer by who gave him eye contact and was at least trying to witness, and give away his dog eared tracts.....But then , he was of the old school.

• blondie
    blondie

I will say this, at the local university, jws are allowed to have a table, but not to approach anyone, only talk to people who walk up to the table, such as this situation.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I will say this, at the local university, jws are allowed to have a table, but not to approach anyone, only talk to people who walk up to the table, such as this situation. How hypocritical...go to an institution of higher learning when the WTS tries to keep everyone uneducated!!! It would be great to tac up a poster in front of the table with a quote from the WT discussing the evils of higher education......

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There's a mall here locally where the dubs have a table. Basically a bunch of mags arranged for those passersby to ignore. Every now and then I chat with them

• lancelink
    lancelink

It would be great to tac up a poster in front of the table with a quote from the WT discussing the evils of higher education......
    HA HA thats great !
    I work at a college and I recently found out that the JW's have a table and just sit there.
    Posting something about higher education,, man I just might try that, or leave copies of an article talking about the WT view of college
    early in the morning before they arrive,,,
    could someone suggest an article to use ??

• still_in74
    still_in74

well they may not have place anything but they made a "good witness"!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

One of the congo's I was in some witnesses would stand on the street corner like they were statues, I use to walk along the side walk and speak to people who didn't seem to be in a hurry and I had good success. In Montreal during the seventies we had summers that were so sultry and humid you were dripping wet right after your shower. So when you knew the temp. was going to be in the ninties (those years we didn't use the word humidex) but if they did it would have been close to 100. Those nutty brothers expected sisters to where panty hose and I was so angry about it. Because by the end of the morning my legs were on fire and bleeding from the nylon rubbing and the heat was terrible. I cried every day through out the summer. I would start at 7am and work until noon. I didn't care what the elders said. I had it.

Then one day I said to my self, If they want me to pioneer I will with one condition, No more panty hose. So I started it first I stopped wearing pantyhose and began wearing just sandals and my skirt and shirt. I didn't give a damn what they thought and then other sister started doing it and I made those brothers know full well what the excessive heat and humidity does to my skin. I showed the elders wives and said I won't pioneer if I have to wear pantyhose. I won.

Witnesses will sometime go through parks and speak to people but most like I said are just like manniginns in a store window or this case outside.

orangefatcat

• JAVA
    JAVA
    How hypocritical...go to an institution of higher learning when the WTS tries to keep everyone uneducated!!! It would be great to tac up a poster in front of the table with a quote from the WT discussing the evils of higher education......

Spot on--great comment, and something I would love to do and see!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit