Ran into the JW table at San Diego airport...

by Confession 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Confession
    Confession

Yes, my ladyfriend and I were entering the San Diego airport for our flight home to Phoenix late yesterday afternoon, when I noticed a forty-ish man and woman sitting down behind a table loaded with WTS publications. I stopped to glance over them with joy. I made familiar comments about some of the publications, noting the newer soft covers and trying to casually engage the pair in conversation. I asked how long they'd had this display at the airport. After a long pause, the man said, "I really couldn't tell you."

So I looked over all the books, making eye contact with both of them from moment to moment. Finally it was time to go. I smiled and said, "Nothing to say? You didn't even try. These are the last days!" and walked away.

Apparently the actual attempt to reach people in "these last days" is not the aim of this part of their "ministry." Perhaps it is the easy hours one can accumulate, sitting on a stump as people walk by that appeals to such JWs.

• sir82
    sir82

Something must have triggered their aposta-radar.

You don't have a cross-n-crown tattoo on your forehead, do you?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A table at an Airport?..LOL!!..Lazy ass Dubs!.......The reason they couldn`t tell you how long they had the display set up at the airport,is because it has`nt been Printed in a Watchtower!..LOL!!.........Q:"How long have you had your display set up?"..A:"I don`t know,no one will tell me!"..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• abbagail
    abbagail

"Nothing to say? You didn't even try. These are the last days!"

--------------

HA! That was a great "quick-thinking on-the-spot" verbal "theocratic spanking" you gave them!

Did you feel their piercing eyes through the back of your head as you walked off?

Too funny, I admire "quick thinking."

As for the man who had no idea how long they'd had the table there, he sounded like he was NONE TOO HAPPY to have to be there in the first place.

/ag

• undercover
    undercover

I was approached by a JW while at the Denver airport. I was sitting off to the side during a flight delay and a lady with a clipboard and a name tag walked up. She started talking about the terrible times we were living in and then presented a brochure.

I asked her if she was allowed to just walk up to anyone and she said that there were only allowed to approach people in certain areas and all the JWs had to be registered with the airport authority and wear the name tag.

All the while the scene from the movie "Airplane!" kept playing in my mind where all the religious zealots kept harrasing the pilot as he was trying to make his way through and he kept punching and flipping them out of his way. (A JW was included).

• jws
    jws

Hmmm... A place where nobody knows you? You could have pretended to be a CO and chastised them for being so lazy. Told them that in your opinion, they should NOT report this time on their time sheets and asked for their congregation and names of some of the elders so you could speak to them about this issue.

Of course it might all fall through if they started asking questions back. But if you take the upper hand, they might be too cowardly to dare question.

• Highlander
    Highlander

They are quite lazy at my wife's congregation. Once or twice a week I see two dubs standing on the sidewalk in front of the kingdom hall, holding watchtowers up to their chests. I never see them engage pedestrians. Instead they just stand there saluting with their watchtowers.

One of these days I'll get a pic and post it here.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I agree. Their goal is not to save people during these 'last days'. If I actually ... ACTUALLY ... believed that when I was active, I would put all my energy and sweat to get all those I loved into the organization. I don't think the majority of JWs really believe these are the 'last days'. Otherwise, they would be yelling from the rooftops to get their message heard.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

There are three that do the same in front of the building where I work, have not seen them for a while, I used to know the car they drove, so I would place questions under the windshield wiper some days....

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

What an easy gig! Airports are great places to people-watch. They didn't want to be disturbed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit