Gas @ $2.50 a gallon

by wha happened? 60 Replies latest social current

• maximumtool
    maximumtool

Man, if I was an airline I would be getting ready to hedge the living crap out of my next decade worth of oil, if I could swing it...thats what SouthWest did a few years ago, and its why they kicked everyone ass for about six years. In the late 90's early 00's, everyone else was paying for oil at market price, still low compared to today, and they were paying 1/3 to 1/2 of that...its how they were so profitable and everyone else was barely getting by, or not at all.

While great, this decline is temporary. Unless we have shifted alot of our reliance to other energy sources, as soon as this recession is over prices are going to skyrocket. The window to move away from oil before its too late is open right now...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Man, if I was an airline I would be getting ready to hedge the living crap out of my next decade worth of oil, if I could swing it...thats what SouthWest did a few years ago, and its why they kicked everyone ass for about six years.

Yep.

BTS

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Just paid 54.7 cents/liter today ($2.07/US gal.). I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Dave

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

Gas went down to $1.69 today around here. Mom and I went to Wal-Mart and it was $1.89 and when we came out it was $1.69. It dropped in about 3 hours.

Amanda

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea it's really making a difference. I just paid 2.43 for "super".

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

update: "super" $2.09

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Here in mid-mo, $1.49!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Ok now looking back on this thread, I feel like a whiner compared to the $3.85 I just paid today

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Imagine how you'll feel in another 3 years. ;)

"I'm sure in the year 1985 plutonium is available in every corner drug store, but in 1955 it's a little hard to come by!"

- Lime

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

2.50 a gallon! Those were the days!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit