Gas @ $2.50 a gallon

by wha happened? 60 Replies latest social current

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

When I bought my first car gas was $0.89 a gallon and..

Oh shit. Oh shit. I'm starting to sound like... them.

I'm still young damn it! Look, I have a facebook account!!! And look at this - I have a droid, because iPhone is for people who don't really get tech and sell out to the man! Ohhhh!!! Check it out, I have a minecraft server. Anyone want to play minecraft on my minecraft server!?!?!!111!

- Lime

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I just paid au$1.45 per litre I guess that's about au$5.07 per gallon & au$1=us$1.06

• cantleave
    cantleave

Try living in the UK

it's £1.40 per LITRE!!!!!

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

We would be jumping for joy if we had your petrol (gas) prices over here in the UK.

We are paying the equivalent of $8 per US gallon & there aint a thing we can do about it.

Our government tells us to think ourselves lucky they haven't increased tax & duty on petrol even more!

• cofty
    cofty

Cantleave I worked that out it means wwe are paying $8.42 for a US gallon.

$8.42 FFS!

• bigmac
    bigmac

you lucky people--its even dearer over here on the isle of wight. just as well nowheres far to go!!

• cedars
    cedars

I suspect the UK has the most expensive petrol prices in the developed world.

The thing is, it should come as no surprise that prices go up over time. After all, oil reserves are slowly being depleted. There will doubtless come a time when even these prices appear shockingly low.

Cedars

• DonutZ!
    DonutZ!

Are gas prices that terrible over in the UK? $8.42? Holy jesus!!!!

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Maybe 'gas' is too cheap in the US then cedars?

• cedars
    cedars

Heartofaboy - well I'm certainly in no position to debate the economics behind gas prices. I don't think the US prices are so cheap BECAUSE they're expensive in the UK. Both countries seemingly have different ways of procuring and taxing oil. Tax makes up a considerable percentage of the prices we pay at the pump in the UK. It may well be that if fuel was taxed as severely in the US as it is currently in the UK, there would be a public uprising. In that respect, you should count yourselves lucky.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit