Would You Rather Be Married or Single?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    financially , emotionally and longevity of life wise, all the experts say that marriage is beneficial

So, if something happens to your wife, what are you going to do?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

get down on my knees and propose to you

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    get down on my knees and propose to you

Awww, well, you sure put a smile on my face and lifted my spirits. Thank you.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

FHN I am being 100% serious now - if I have 1 ambition left in life it is to meet you in person someday - yours is a beautiful soul

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was married ten years, It was horrible. Single now for 21 years.

None of my siblings are married, my mom is not married, none of my kids(5) are married.

Never had a good role model for marriage, or relationship for that matter.

Marriage scares me BIG time.

I have gotten good at being single.

I want to be married, but it's like a fairytale to me, almost like Paradise. Unattainable.

I rather have some great companionship.

purps

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    FHN I am being 100% serious now - if I have 1 ambition left in life it is to meet you in person someday - yours is a beautiful soul

I am very moved by what you have said. I think I might cry. If you only knew.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Neither and with benefits

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Would I rather be married or single?

I'd rather be happy with who I am and whole as an individual regardless of my relationship status. Both have benefits and downsides. I'm very used to be on my own now, having my space, my independance, but if it was the right person for me, I'd be willing to compromise some of those things in order to meet in the middle and share a life based on enhancement rather than "need". My relationship motto is that I might want someone special to share my life with but I don't need anyone to complete my life.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Wish I was still married to my ex but he has a new life with someone he moved into my old house, so that isn't going to happen. I am learning how to live alone even if I don't want to.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit