Would You Rather Be Married or Single?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Being married is overrated. I offer in evidence the fact that over half of those who do that end up changing their mind. Of the less than half who stay with it, many endure it unhappily. Could be most of them do. Occasionally some pair match up and it it truly a taste of heaven. I am happy for them, but it is rare. I would rather be alone than to have someone eat away at my soul again.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I had a friend who lived close by and every day there was drama in her marriage in front of her two small boys. The man she was married to abused her physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually...every way he could. And yet when he finally filed for divorce she BEGGED him not to and told me that even if it continued the way it was she didnt care as long as he was still there because BEING SINGLE and DIVORCED terrified her more than he did.

She is finally out of that house and lo and behold...he is no different than when she was there and has killed every relationship he has has with the same terror tactics he pulled on his wife.

Sometimes you have to learn to love yourself or you will never be free of the bondage.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

People, or the ones I've observed, have a fear of being single, almost like it's a bad thing. I've also seen them over analyse everything, settle, lose themselves and they just dont seen happy. And they think I'm the strange one.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Single

caveat: Sizable booty call stable.

• mustang
    mustang

I'm in the middle : that's frustrating

Mustang

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Single

caveat: Sizable booty call stable.

And sizable STD checks per year as well as anxiety over possible pregnancies.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

For the right person, I'd have a nice long getting to know time and then a nice long engagement and then hopefully a nice, fun and unique wedding and feast with spirits, live music and good cheer. Then a nice loooooooooooong honeymoon and a cozy, comfortable life with just the right amount of adventure and lots of affection and love. But I'd take my time getting to the marriage part.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I am fine being alone, but I have really grown accustomed to marriage..I think I know prefer it. Plus..who would take out the garbage?????

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

I want to change my comment of a few months ago about wanting to still be married to my ex. I wouldn't take him back if he paid me. Which I know will not happen since he another woman living with him now. He has not taken the time to grieve his dead parents or the divorce. One day it will hit him and then, I wouldn't give his problems to a monkey on a rock. I am doing okay. Grief will not destory me. Tears are a sign you are on the way to recovery. I am getting used to be alone without having to cry all the time. They deserve each other. Wait until she finds out what a control freak he is.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Right at this very moment SINGLE - in reality I just want to be happy married or single.

Hey bubblie - don't dwell on them, work on being happy with you and let karma take care of those that hurt you, I hear she's a BIATCH

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit