Defence of watchtower society Links

by reniaa 343 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

OUTLAW,

"Your a BuSh*T Artist!"

That's exactly what I thought of you.

"You can alway`s Debate Me"

What would be the point? Besides I'm not here to debate anything.

I was offering my experiences, that's all.

• Mary
    Mary
    scholar wrote: Mary, Wordly scholars do not promote any date at all because chronology as a subject does not receive the attention it justly deserves. When a date is necessary then such scholars simply refer to whatever date currently is popular and this varies largely between 586 or 587 BCE. These are the 'popular' dates within current scholarship but are innacurate as shown by the meticulous research by the 'celebrated' WT scholars who have proven the validity and integrity of 607 BCE.

Really? Who gets to determine how much times should be spent on this subject? You? Other drunk 'celebrated' WT scholars? The reason no academic spends as much time on the subject as you do, is because it's been proven that Jerusalem fell in 586 BCE. Why waste time trying to promote a bullshit date that no one except the goons at Crooklyn believe in?

Of course you do not like Rolf Furuli because as a professional scholar skilled in the original languages has the temerity to challenge the amateurish research of Carl Jonsson. Furuli unlike so many others is not fooled by Carl Jonsson who has simply recycled critiques of WT chronology from other sources such as the Adventists. Rolf Furuli's published research has nothing to do with refuting Carl Jonsson's nonsense, Furuli explains his purpose and the necessity of a new Oslo chronology and a fresh look at the methodology of chronology. Jonsson nowhere gets any mention in the two volumes, not in the radar so to speak.

Isn't it amazing that, because Rolf Furuli (a Jehovah's Witness) is trying to promote 607 BCE, that scholar just can't praise him enough? I wonder what would happen if Rolfy ever turned 'apostate'-----I wonder how many nano-seconds it would take for 'scholar' to turn on him and lump him in with all other worldly scholars who apparently take their orders directly from Satan de Debbil.

You seem to a bit of a drama queen for asserting that WT doctine has harmed families, this is just satanic or demonic propaganda.

I love it when you right this kind of thing scholar. It gives all those lurking on here a true picture of how those who are under mind-control react whenever something unfavourable about their cult is exposed. [IMG]

The True Religion including its doctrines which are all Bible based bind families together in love-hope-faith.

True religion yes. But as we have all seen, this does not apply to the WTS. They pay lip service to the "family" and teach that the love your family has for you is all conditional and based on your loyalty to their book publishing empire and imparticular, the Slobbering Body Members.

The claim that the 'seven times' in Daniel are simply applied to Nebuchadnezzer without a major or prophetic fulfillment is simply your interpretation and completely false because the context of the chapter revolves the God's Kingdom which was then at that time a present reality and a future reality with the expiration of the Gentile Times.

No it's not just my interpretation------anyone with half a brain (which apparently excludes you) can read Daniel chapter 4 and see that it's talking about Nebuchadnezzar's arrogance, the dream that fortold his fall from grace, his living like an animal for 7 years and the restoration of his kingdom. There is absolutely nothing in there to link it with Luke chapter 21. You can assert it all you want----it's not going to make it true.

All other Christian faiths do not believe in the Kingdom because they would preach it but they do not as you well know. They simply mouth it as a word, concept or phrase not understanding its reality and significance. Only the Witnesses understand it, preach it and represent it.

Wow. All that knowledge, yet you live amongst the common folk?

As per usual 'scholar', you haven't proven anything, except that you seem to be losing your grasp on reality. Your never-ending bullshit posts on the tiresome subject of 607 BCE reveals your delusional parasitosis and also suggests that you're.....well......a wanker.

Surely there must be an easier way of getting your hours in..........

• shamus100
    shamus100
    I am not a current witness counting my time just one taking steps to return.

You're doing a terrible job of doing so. Hopefully armageddon won't come tomorrow, or you're crowfood.

• inkling
    inkling
    I am not a current witness counting my time just one taking steps to return.
    You're doing a terrible job of doing so. Hopefully armageddon won't come tomorrow, or you're crowfood.

First step? Stop hanging out on apostate websites!

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions
    Scholar: All other Christian faiths do not believe in the Kingdom because they would preach it but they do not as you well know. They simply mouth it as a word, concept or phrase not understanding its reality and significance. Only the Witnesses understand it, preach it and represent it.

First I have a problem comparing all other faiths with this organization as though this organization is Christian. The requirement of being a Christian is to believe in Jesus Christ. Witnesses simply mouth it as a word, concept or phrase not understanding its reality and significance. Only true Christians, unlike witnesses understand it, preach it and represent it.

Scholar: You seem to a bit of a drama queen for asserting that WT doctine has harmed families, this is just satanic or demonic propaganda. The True Religion including its doctrines which are all Bible based bind families together in love-hope-faith.

The witnesses have asserted that Christendom is harmful, tools of the devil that will be destroyed at Armegeddon. I could say that this is just satanic or demonic propoganda. You are correct, the true religion including its doctrines which are all Bible based, bind families together in love-hope-faith. Your religion breaks families apart. Even though I was never a witness I saw first hand how some people in this organization treated my mother. Apart from a few phone calls here and there, she was ignored after her husband passed away and you have the gall to say that this organization is loving. She found more love this past year from "Christendom" than she ever experienced in the Kingdom Hall. These are my experiences, not second hand stories. Us four siblings didn't really have parents growing up while they were witnesses. I couldn't understand why they lived the way they did. I now realize why. They both truly thought they would never die. My mother always talked about the end times and imagining what it would be like living in Paradise. She was and is difficult to deal with because of her depressive personality. One day when she totally walks away her true self will appear. She is a funny creative woman.

Scholar: Again I will quote you, All other Christian faiths do not believe in the Kingdom because they would preach it but they do not as you well know. They simply mouth it as a word, concept or phrase not understanding its reality and significance. Only the Witnesses understand it, preach it and represent it.

Do you know first hand that "all other Christian faiths do not believe in the Kingdom or preach it? Many do but they don't obsess about it. In my response to Renaia, to which she never responded, I mentioned that many churches believe in a literal 1,000 year reign. We preach the Gospel - The Good News of Jesus, that he died for our sins, that whoever believes in Him has eternal life. Here is my response on that subject if you're interested. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/167642/3104560/post.ashx#3104560

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Beep beep..Your experiences are shallow.....What is the point of debating me?..This is a Debate Board!..Your on a Debate board!!..Have at least 1 or 9 cups of coffee before you post me again!!..LOL!!...............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa

We seemed to have reached a bit of common ground and a point of reasoning but you have not replied to my question ending my last thread. I will repost it here. Read thru this below and answer my last paragraph....

Reniaa

You say you disagree with shunning and would not partake in that. Do you realize that that would preclude you from rejoining the JWs (assuming you are truly as you claim) or if you are active would lead to your expulsion?

Hi isaac

Erm technically it could be! in practise I think it is unlikely

Reniaa, the room for ones own discretion on the treatment of dfed person's (so long a snothing spiritual is discussed) extends only to family- not friends. Your association with a dfed person not of your family will lead to your expulsion (if it becomes known). There is no "use your discretion" there...especially on having lunch.

At my last congregation before I left the org I only knew of one defellowshipped girl and she used to sit at the back I always said hi to her as she came in and I never got told off for it

As long as kept to a hello you may or may not be counseled.

and did have coffee with her in town

DEFINITE no-no! If revealed will lead to counseling...if not followed will lead to further action.

I still chat to her occasionally.

Will lead to being counseled or more unless it is a family member.

I might believe the Jws doctrines but I've always been very independant in myself I love jehovah and I know that disfellowshipping wouldn't phase me, I'd just do my time and keep my prayers to Jehovah.

Then why do you need the org. You have admitted that they practice dfing in a very unChristlike way that you disagree with. Jesus said that his disciples would be recognized by love among themselves. Do not answer this by stating other religions go to war. This stands or falls on its own merit. You have admitted this does not show love, thus they are not Christ's disciples. You yourself said "He can read hearts and he alone knows that I love him and his son, Gods anger is what worries me more, disfellowshipping is nothing compared to that to me."

• scholar
    scholar

Mary

Post 10136

The notion that Jerusalem fell in 586 BCE is nonsense because other scholars prefer 587 BCE so with this controversy you cannot say that either of these two candidates is proven. The date 607 BCE is proven because this date alone harmonizes the Bible's testikmony of a seventy years period and the available secular evidence. Apostates are the only ones who beat the matter up because of their vile hatred of God's people an dcannot stand the fact that there does exist a True Religion.

Rolf Furuli does not promote any date except his own chronology which he has termed 'Oslo chronology' and has carried out his own research which proves that current secular chronology is falsifable.

The WTS certainly represents the True Religion as evidenced by its Unity, Universal Brotherhood and the blessings of God and His Son. If this organization is not the True Religion then pray tell where is it today? Apostates never offer any alternative but simply stay at home, read the Bible and do nothing but whine, whinge and complain.

Scholars with a full brain can easily discern that the 'seven times' of Daniel has a major fulfillment beyond Neb as is clearly shown by the context of Daniel 4 with its prominent theme of God's Kingdom. Those with less than half a brain discern nothing.

scholar JW

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The date 607 BCE is proven - in Watchtower Society literature only

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I think the record is stuck in the groove

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit