Defence of watchtower society Links

by reniaa 343 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi isaac

disfellowshipping is unchristian? shunning is too well you must know from past threads I don't approve of the shunning I won't be practising it myself but I reserve the right to how much contact I have with someone whose values no longer reflect the bible.

The bible outlines expelling situations in the nt lol are you going to make me find them? You can argue that Jws put them into practise wrongly but you cannot argue they don't exist in the bible.

If I generalised on the holy spirit thing it's only because so many have on here said those sort of words on this very forum. that 'holy spirit has set them free' and they can serve god correctly now and by that they usually mean Jesus. another thing I don't understand about trinity it has a teaching called complementary subordination in refering to Jesus meaning Jesus always considers himself inferior to his father while still being in nature God but in practise trinity makes people put jesus into a superior position.

reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

hi isaac

disfellowshipping is unchristian?

I meant the shunning that the WT inserts into their disfellowshipping....

shunning is too well you must know from past threads I don't approve of the shunning I won't be practising it myself but I reserve the right to how much contact I have with someone whose values no longer reflect the bible.

What you just state dabove is the christian view. We agree there.

The bible outlines expelling situations in the nt lol are you going to make me find them? You can argue that Jws put them into practise wrong but you cannot argue they exist in the bible.

Agreed- willful practice of sin by a brother. Agreed. Would not include the conscientious objection to certain doctrines or teachings.

If I generalised on the holy spirit thing it's only because so many have on here said those sort of words on this very forum. that 'holy spirit has set them free' and they can serve god correctly now and by that they usually mean Jesus. another thing I don't understand about trinity it has a teaching called complementary subordination in refering to Jesus meaning Jesus always considers himself inferior to his father while still being in nature God but in practise trinity makes people put jesus into a superior position.

Jesus is eternally submissive to the father- yes Reniaa. And in nature he is God in that he sahres the same nature as his Father. Jesus is not put into a superior position by Trinitarians. He is obeyed and followed, emphasis is put on him by the command of his head- the Father. Matt 17 at the transfiguration- This is my Son- Listen to him!

reniaa

• mouthy
    mouthy

Reniaa,You must be over your hours for the month.? I cannot understand why you continue to post otherwise. .

We are mostly injured people by a false religion, that your defending. Some of us have lost our loved ones ONLY because the old men at the Headquarters say "SHUN EM!!!"

They say" If they wont believe what WE say, dont talk to them anymore ",like I said I lost my loved ones because I dont believe Jesus came invisably ,Do you believe he came then????
    My only wish for you ? continue in your belief & if when YOUR beloved children grow up & DONT believe what you teach ,they will shun you as mine have me. Then you can understand my loss,I breast fed them, took them to kindergarten( even though I was told by the WT they would NEVER go to school as the big A was going to come first, )I attended their graduation, I attended their weddings, I babysat their kids ( my grandkids) Only to be told by one of them when I was so cruelly kicked out. " Well Nanny I am praying you will die before Armeggedon,so you will get a resurrection"
    Show a little understanding ,go preach their lies on the other site .....Your so mislead

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa

You say you disagree with shunning and would not partake in that. Do you realize that that would preclude you from rejoining the JWs (assuming you are truly as you claim) or if you are active would lead to your expulsion?

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

While you're using terms like 'stumble me' you aren't thinking dispassionately with a view to logically evaluating the religion. Assuming that realising the WTS isn't God's sole representation on earth is a negative thing and will "stumble" you means you've already made up your mind and won't go any further. You're frightened that you'll lose out on eternal life if the belief system you're comfortable with becomes unbelievable to you.

It's an implanted phobia.

All the best with it.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    disfellowshipping is unchristian? shunning is too well you must know from past threads I don't approve of the shunning I won't be practising it myself but I reserve the right to how much contact I have with someone whose values no longer reflect the bible.

That is so cute how you think you can be a JW and follow your own conscience. Too bad that isn't how it works.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I don't understand. If you want to be convinced about the validity of the WT - which you clearly do - then you'd be better off on a pro-JW site, or even at your local Kingdom Hall. I've just (more or less) read through this entire thread, and I distinctly get the impression that reniaa has no interest in any responses, except to hand-pick a few and milk attention by (badly) pulling them apart. The phrase 'pearl before swine' comes to mind. I don't know if you've ever posted this, but are you on any sort of medication for 'depression'? I don't mean that in an offensive way, but the amount of JWs I know/have known on Prozac (and the like), by FAR outweighs any non-JWs on similar medication. Personally I put it down to cognizant dissonance, and I feel you need to justify the WTs lies (with 'our' help - as JWs will tell you what you want to hear), rather than face up to them.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Before submitting my post I noticed more responses and will read them later tonight.

Christianity is more than a list of beliefs: it is a relationship with God through Christ.

Renaia, I admire perseverance but not bullheadedness. It’s like beating a dead horse. You have made up your mind. For the most part I want to address some of the things you have said for those that may be lurking and I think that may be the case for many of us here. You speak untruths, we want to set the record straight.

I read an article recently about trying to feed those that didn’t want to be fed. Meanwhile those going hungry wanting to be fed were ignored. This could be the case in this thread. Yes Renaia, you readily swallow what food the discreet slave offers you but I believe it’s the wrong food. It doesn’t nourish you; it enslaves you like a drug.

I agree that some like the Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons believe that they are the only way. I know that the Roman Catholic church at one time taught that they were the only true church but don’t know where they stand now.

Mormons believe they are the only way. My mom almost went to a Mormon church about a month ago because the two men at the door seemed so sincere. Nothing like trading in one cult for another. Needless to say she is very confused. Instead she went with us.

I have spoken to people of many different denominations. I have yet to meet someone that says that you must belong to their denomination because they have the only truth. We embrace each other in spite of the differences. We are all imperfect human beings. There is no such thing as one true church. In spite of our differences, we see ourselves as the body of Christ. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ.

I left one church after 14 years because of a doctrine that I disagreed with. Does that mean I don’t care for them anymore; that they are not part of the body of Christ? No.

I am slowly separating from another church because of a doctrine that I disagree with. The church that I have attended these past three weeks is, for me, closer to what the Bible says. Does that mean that I dismiss the other church that I have attended for the past 5 years? No.

I am so grateful for what this church has done for me, for my family. Even though I am walking away from this church over a doctrine I disagree with, they are still my brothers and sisters in Christ. This church was the catalyst for my mom starting to leave. When she was grieving over her husbands death, the organization wasn’t there for her. This church was. They are embracing her. Even though there are beliefs she disagrees with she senses a warmth and genuine caring people. I love these people.

Yesterday we went to the one denomination in the morning and the other in the evening. Did I feel any conflict? No. I felt fed at both in different ways.

For me, these churches have been like markers in my journey. All have molded and strengthened me in my walk. I am grateful to all of them. We have a strong common bond. The love for God and His Son, Jesus Christ.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I cannot understand why you continue to post otherwise. .

There is only reason why a person of one mindset continues to post on a discussion board that espouses a different one. That is to stir the pot. She is here to argue and upset people. Her refusal to acknowledge many legitimate points brought up by other posters indicates she's not here to learn or discuss. She's here because she's miserable and has nothing worthwhile to do with her time, so she derives some twisted kind of enjoyment by trying to tie people up in knots.

Reniaa, it's time to shit or get off the pot. If you believe in the watchtower, then go to them - and obey their directive to stay away from sites like this one. Every post you make here only serves to underscore your own hypocrisy. You're not going to "save" anyone here. Your moronic words can never counteract the personal experiences we've all lived through.

W

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Even dear,sweet,Mouthy/Grace is getting tired of Reniaa`s endless,mindless game she plays on every thread she posts........Reniaa..You still have`nt answered my Questions #2 and #3.....Those questions are honest and straight forward..They would be very easy for any honest person to answer.....You claim to be an honest person?..Answer my questions please.. ..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit