Did Your District Conventions Have A Meat Market?

by Jeremy C 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Surf City, USA. Wow, CA girls -the legend. Better than being back in the U.S.S.R.

Many decades ago when we were always at Yankee Stadium I only noticed the smallest scale pairing occurring. We were not encouraged to mingle. A brother would have told us to sit with our parents. If a parent were someplace else, I am certain they would a grandmotherly sister to sit us with until parents were available.

Any couple or suggestion of a couple triggered discussion from everyone. My parents were severely ocstracized for marrying, an honorable estate. When I was a tween, very rarely a couple would emerge to be married within a few weeks. I always felt they did something wrong and disgusting. My mother would talk of her own experience and go out of her way to welcome them as a couple within the KH.

Counting the months from marriage to baby arrival was an obsession. Nothing happened which shocked me. Ex. My suck up JW female cousin who corrected everyone and older people with scripture and WT bon mots married a much older brother at age fifteen. It was statutory rape. Premature babies can only be so premature. She delivered a huge full grown baby. I cried b/c despite never liking her, she was my cousin and left high school very early. Everyone applauded her. There was no rebuke. Same sins were not treated equally. He was not prosecuted. What a couple!

Reading about more recent Witness culture here, I sometimes wonder if I would now find it fun. The JWs were much, much smaller in my day. Maybe the increased numbers made the WTBTS lose some control.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Yep.

The Orange level of the Houston Astrodome. Spent many summers walking around the orange level ( if you could make it around twice in a lunch session ).

It was really crowded and it was known that a great deal of the congregations in Houston Proper ( read-the congregations with all the hot city slicker brothers and sisters.) were on that level,thus everyone would gravitate down there.

Just a bunch of teens and 20-somethings doing circles the whole lunch session.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit