Did Your District Conventions Have A Meat Market?

by Jeremy C 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

One term around here was "trolling."

• undercover
    undercover

Our conventions were never in one place too many years in a row to ever establish legendary status like the "blue level".

Your experience not only reminds me of the "meat markets" but also of the cliques that existed in all circuits and districts. No matter what city or coliseum the convention was held in, it seems the "beautiful dubs" seemed to find a way to migrate toward the same congregating spot and hang out. Being in a "united brotherhood" was meaningless to these cliques. They were wary of "outsiders" and one was not accepted easily into these special cliques.

No being one of the "beautiful dubs" I often wondered how they knew where to meet. Was it an inherited gene that automatically causes people to seek their own kind or maybe they had a secret password that they used only among those who were deemed worthy...

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    that was also why you bring binoculars to scope out the cute Bros

LOL Binoculars - nice. At a large stadium, binoculars are a premium - particularly for watching the drama that is being performed 500 yards away. Without them, all you see of the drama are tiny specks flamboyantly waving their arms around.

If Judge Rutherford could have only been alive to see these modern day District Conventions; and how many of the sisters were dressing. Not only did the "Millions Now Living" die afterall, but the many who should have never been born were now dressing in ways that would have horrified him. I suppose he would have had one of two reactions. Either he would have launched into a bitter diatribe at one of the conventions, or he would have invited one of those sisters back to his quarters for some Bible lessons and bourbon.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In my day it was not so much the district as the more local Circuit Assemblies that were the pick up zones...and why not? you could not date normally and relied on such occasions to see others.

In UK we used to hold C/A's in holiday camps sometimes..you would stay th 2 nights in the chalet, attend the session and have lots of time to "have upbuilding association" ,,The stopped when the brothers got to be enjoyingit too much..

• mustang
    mustang

About 20 years ago, I took my visiting parents to a session of a DC @ Dodger Stadium. I took off for lunch for most of the sessions but during intermission was sitting alone and minding my own business. A "sister" (who I obviously had never seen before) came up to me and GOT PHYSICAL. I was dressed neatly, "business casual", no tie. I had longer hair than is JW acceptable, but not excessive.

These ladies are DESPERATE!!!

I posted that elsewhere. They didn't have to have the "blue level promenade" to go into action

BTW, my understanding of the word promenade and its origin is a Latin custom of walks in such locations as to display one's attractiveness and availability to those of the opposite sex.

I believe that it is incumbent upon any half-A$$'d assembly to have a PROMENADE DECK

Mustang

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Did David Lee Roth just have one video of exposed women and change the song ? I have never seen him do that song before but it just looks so familiar. . .

And, yes, I do think he needs to get involved with Toastmasters or something so that he won't feel so constrained about expressing himself. I thought he was so much fun. I'm thinking he must be getting kind of old these days--like me:)

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It was the "cattle market" here (in the UK).

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I realized early on that I was not one of the "pretty boys" that the girls were after...in or out of the Borg....

When I went to MTS, I was told that I would have sisters lined up trying to pair up with the uber-spiritual {gag} brother...

n e v e r h a p p e n e d

Snakes ()

• caliber
    caliber

JWdaughter,

David Lee Roth (often referred to as "Diamond Dave") (born October 10, 1954)

He is a mere child ..... he can't be old because he's one year younger than me ! Old is always 10 years

older than you currently are..... don't you know ? ....

Caliber

• Open mind
    Open mind

One District Overseer in a talk referred to them as "Corridor Cruisers" and "Corridor Cuties".

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit