jesus denies being God! scriptural discussion.

by reniaa 421 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sweet Jesus!!..Real Christians are turning this into a Christian Thread!!...........Running Away In Circles..Run Reniaa,RUN!!..Running Away In Circles...................................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• StAnn
    StAnn

ROFLMAO at Outlaw!

StAnn

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The passage about only God being good proves to me that Jesus was indeed claiming to be God. He was asking the young man: "How can you call me good if you don't believe I'm God, since only God is good?" He is certainly not denying that he is good. If Jesus didn't think He was good, why does He call Himself the Good Shepherd in John 10:14? Moreover, if a sinless person like Jesus is no good, what chance do any of us have? Heb. 4:15

• shamus100
    shamus100

Reinna doesn't bother me one bit. Why should you be upset?

She is probably counting time for the society here. You have to get your time somehow.

Keep going, Reinna. Count up your time.

• StAnn
    StAnn
    "How can you call me good if you don't believe I'm God, since only God is good?"

Excellent, Claude, excellent. You are so smart.

Now I have to run and see if I can find a song on YouTube that fits with this....Just kidding!

StAnn

• Slappy
    Slappy

Quite possibly my favorite hymn...if such a term is even possible with respect to all the amazing hymns that have been inspired for love of Christ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovYPQl93zro

• reniaa
    reniaa

LOL well definately had my thread railroaded onto other subjects, And yet I still think My original points stands Jesus himself never wanted what you all put on him, He always put himself in subjection to his father. He never sort to be called God only God's son, I think only isaacaustin and a couple of others addressed my post from jesus's standpoint before going on to quote the usual verses on why they think jesus is God which are nothing to do with what jesus ever wanted or said!

Matthew 20:23
    Jesus said to them, "You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father."
    Matthew 26:29
    I tell you, I willnot drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom.
    Mark 14:35-37

35 Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. 36 "Abba, [a] Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."

Just recently in listening to the way people talk on jesus and how they venerate him on here, I'm beginning to wonder if trinity is the right word? IT seems you people who believe Jesus is God have a strange monotheism based on Jesus with a reluntant tagging on of Father and holy spirit who are like embarassing guests at a wedding to be tolerated but overlooked if possible when gasing at the Main attraction.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Good on you Reniaa, now get your little arse out of that wacko religion and stop counting time on three headed apostates!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Oh Reniaa, you really are the worst sort of JW, aren't you? Your clear lack of respect for Jesus is compelling. It's like watching a spiritual car crash. Quite why you choose to enter into debates with Christians as to the divinity of Christ is puzzling. Jesus said "before Abraham was I Am." He was elevated to a position above everyone, given a name above every name, put above every kind of rulership both now and in the future. Why? Because he had the humility to empty himself of divinity, be born as a man on earth, be scourged, defamed and executed in agony so that mankind's sins would die with him on the cross.

And even though you know all of that you search the Holy Scriptures for caveats to down-play who Jesus was and is.

Jesus said that his Father has given the role of Judge to him. Why? In order that all my honour the Son, just as the honour the Father. As a worshiper of Jehovah, surely you wish to give him honour? Well, if you don't honour the Son you dishonour Jehovah.

You've been told, repeatedly, at the WTS meetings that Jesus is no more than a created being. You've been told that the greatest act of love was Jehovah sending his son to earth to die. You've been told that the second greatest act of love was Jesus dying for your sins. Does that even make sense?

You have to understand that many who frequent this discussion board have broken free, both mentally and spiritually, from the WTS Satanic abuse. They have left behind the WTS teachings, ceased feeding at the table of demons, and have collapsed in gratitude at the feet of the Christ. So for you to search the scriptures for ways to denigrate the position Christ has in heaven and publish those thoughts on this discussion board is comparable with an apostate going into a Kingdom Hall, taking the microphone and proclaiming "the Governing Body are nothing but a bunch of pampered, embittered old men who actively protect pedophiles, clinging to teachings that are long out of date!"

That wouldn't be a very nice thing to do, would it, even if there was some truth to the statement?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Reniaa is RIGHT. Jesus is NOT 'god'.

As a matter of fact, Jesus denies the validity of this OT god. (Why do you think he was thrown out of the synagogues?)

The OT god is a compilation of deities (watcher angels who set themselves up to be worshipped as gods) and was eventually all rolled into one god and named by Moses.

Jesus is the closest we have to actual communication with our creators. He is no relation to the Old Testament fictictious god.

Jesus and his "Father" are separate beings. Otherwise, who was he praying to?

As Jesus is the only real communication we have with our Creators, it stands to reason that many will worship him as being a god, and perhaps rightly so, as he is the one who intercedes and he is the one we answer to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit