jesus denies being God! scriptural discussion.

by reniaa 421 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Reniaa,

Wow, I thought this subject was covered long ago with everything to be said about it already done. And there is too much to read and consider in just this one thread. For you, here is a simple answer to your question:

Reniaa said: Why would jesus pick up the mans words if he actually was God?

Simple. God is just a word that signifies authority. It does not identify who this God is or why. It applies to humans like Moses and the Kings of Israel. It applies to Satan. It usually applies to the Supreme Being. It was even considered so sacred by Jews that they did not use it but often used the word "Heavens" instead like in the Kingdom of the Heavens instead of Kingdom of God. Generally it applies to anyone having more authority over them than they do over themselves. So when Christ uses it in the context you show it becomes someone over him or in this case the Supreme Being. But when Thomas or Nathaniel uses it then it becomes someone over them like his King. Joh 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel. It is not wrong to call Jesus our God and the scriptures do it. But it is wrong to call or mean that Jesus is the Supreme Being that the scriptures also call God. John who added to the genealogy lists contained in the other Gospels to complete them and identified the sinless source of our lives said it this way: 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God.. The Word was God to us not to the God he was with. He would ( from the God he was with) from this beginning have authority over human creation for the God he was with. We see how John used words, how God’s authority was passed along and how he continued to use them like this in his Gospel. Even when angels used the very name of God as if they were God, we still know that they were simply messengers with His authority sent to represent Him personally. It is all context. We should know it even if the texts do not say it as plainly as this.

Joseph

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

StAnn,

So true what you said. When I realized that I had actually been pursecuting Christ's real Church and I was rejecting him, I fell down upon my knees and tearfully begged his forgiveness.

Then for about 2 weeks straight I cried and cried. My hubby thought I had totally lost it!

I am still humbled by the fact that even with all the wrong I did and spreading of untruths, the Lord forgave my sins and imparted me with the promised Holy Spirit. How truly wonderful a Lord he is!

Unlike the WT, he does not hold past sins against you. His load is kind and light, and he is the source of true joy!

I slaved for the organization for almost 12 years, walking thousands of miles and distributing thousands of pieces of literature. The "elders" did not even think I was worthy for them to try to correct my wrong views or bring me back into the "truth". In one single day, my entire family was dropped by the organization, including my hubby and two kids. btw; I left 3 months before my husband, but he and the children were treated like lepers even though they had not Da'd themselves. This was telling for my hubby and he eventually left too.

Not one call.........not one visit, they did not care about us in any way.

But thats ok, because the day I left the WT, the Lord Jesus took me in and has been with me ever since. Amen, Lilly

• snowbird
    snowbird

A friend of mine left the Dubs four months ago. One of the reasons she gave was that they "took Jesus away from her." She used to be Baptist. If only these poor, deluded Dubs realized what they are giving up for a false feeling of superiority.

StAnn

St Ann, that was my primary reason for leaving.

I felt as Mary Magdalene did on arriving at the tomb and finding it empty: "They have taken our Lord away"...

I, too, used to be in the Baptist faith and I love the Lord Jesus with all my heart and soul.

Sylvia

• Slappy
    Slappy
    For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith, that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again. Philippians 1:21-26
    Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2
  • StAnn
    StAnn

Lill, Sylvia -

Although it's not what the OP intended with this thread, your open statements of your faith in Our Lord have moved me to tears.

It has been worth putting up with a lot of the nonsense that has gone on here at JWD just to witness your expressions of faith.

I am humbled by you. Thank you.

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn

Slappy, may we continue "looking unto Jesus" for the rest of of our days.

StAnn

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

thanks for the comment StAnn,

I enjoy reading your posts too. :)
    Yes amazing what freedom in Christ does to a person. ANyway can have it. It takes the bravery to confront one's doubts and questions.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Lill, Sylvia -

Although it's not what the OP intended with this thread, your open statements of your faith in Our Lord have moved me to tears.

It has been worth putting up with a lot of the nonsense that has gone on here at JWD just to witness your expressions of faith.

I am humbled by you. Thank you.

StAnn

Expressions of faith always humble me and move me to tears. LovelyLil's and Mouthy's posts are simply staggering in their humility and open-mindedness.

You, St Ann, put it out there for the taking. All the others: Slappy, Joseph Malik, Isaac Austin, CJones, etc., you are a light unto the world. Thank you for shining so brightly.

Sylvia

• Slappy
    Slappy

Anybody realize that what is now occurring is quite possibly the single greatest way for us to show the truth of Christ to those in need of Him? We can talk till we are blue in the face and beat a subject to death with all sorts of logic and scriptural proof and still accomplish nothing. And yet, when it all comes down to it, Christ can and will defend Himself (as does the Bible); it is our purpose to be a shining example of Him while here on this earth. Actions speak louder than words.

In John 17, where Jesus prays for all believers, from then till eternity, it's interesting to see what He is praying for. He is praying that we may all be one. It is that oneness, that unity in Christ, that love for all fellow believers that epitomizes all that is Christ.

However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. 1 Timothy 1:16
  • mouthy
    mouthy

Reniaa .Do you realize that "ELDERS" of the WT ,do check this site & will track you down.
    I do think you are counting your time on here,& I understand because you have to make the 50 hours a month.
    But I truthfully think your words are not going to be digested by any on here. Many dont believe in God many do,,,, We are all friends on here , You have been advised by the WT NOT to visit Apostate sites.
    If you want to be a JW you really should obey the "brothers" . You are deeply entrenched with the WT idea's So do get out & knock on those doors instead of sitting in a warm envirement .
    I dont mean to be unkind but truly you do not understand that when one has been a JW as long as some of us has been,,,, no one can convince us the Wt has LOVE!!!! That is a requirment for ANY who want to KNOW GOD!!!!!
    Grace Gough

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit