jesus denies being God! scriptural discussion.

by reniaa 421 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Equador,

Forget your dictionary. Deal with facts, reality, truth. Where is the Father and Holy Spirit called a person. Nowhere! That is a fact. Jesus was a person and called God by the disciples. That does not make Jesus the Almighty God under discussion since the word God also properly applied to Kings. God even authorized such use in scripture. Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. But God also authorized such use for the Kings of Israel for which this Psalm was originally written.

Joseph

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Hi, reniaa

I must have missed your response to my question. What came down from heaven?

• StAnn
    StAnn

Reniaa -

If you're going to "quote" scripture, could you actually give the citation? I've been trying to go through your NWT to find exactly which scripture you refer to but having to read that drivel is giving me a headache. Just copying little bits of text taken out of context is not sufficient. It's what the WTS does.

So, what Book and chapter did the above quote come from?

Serena

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

What came down from heaven?

DD,

Well this did: De 28:24 The LORD shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou bedestroyed. And 2Ki 1:10 And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty. And then there is: Isa 55:10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: Then again we know that: Da 4:23 And whereas the king saw a watcher and an holy one coming down from heaven, and saying, Hew the tree down, and destroy it; yet leave the stump of the roots thereof in the earth, even with a band of iron and brass, in the tender grass of the field; and let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and let his portion be with the beasts of the field, till seven times pass over him; And of course we have: Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. The Son of man. Not some person of the Trinity.

Joseph

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

All I can say Joseph is that you have presented scripture showing that the Father and Son are separate persons, or entities if you prefer. You have then made the leap and ASSERTED with no basis that the Son is not God in nature. We all know already that the Father and Son are separate entities. You then play some intense mental gymnastics and stringing together of verses to try to make Jesus of a lesser nature. In the process you ignore or try to explain away clear verses that a straight reading in context show Jesus to be God in nature.
    Since your FDS Mr Russel was a proven false prophet, why are you so sure he is right about the nature of Jesus?

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Hey Deputy, Feel like your in that study with the Jws again? Still no answer on what came down heaven, sure everybody says who came down from heaven, as I expected the jumping through hoops has begun. I almost fell off my chair, when Joseph answered "transferred life" thats right out of the "Live for ever" book or the "what the Bible really teaches" Good stuff. Btw. What happened to Michaels being while Jesus was playing human on earth?.....Any takers?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

What happened to Michaels being while Jesus was playing human on earth?.....Any takers?

I believe the teaching is that Michael willed himself out of existance- sounds like suicide to me. His life force was then transferred to Mary's womb and the baby Jesus was born. Upon Jesus ascension he resumed his role as Michael. Makes you wonder why the Bible does not refer to the glorified Jesus as Michael.

And what exactly is life force? JWs only beleive in body and spirit- and they teach the spiriti, like electricity, does not take on any of the characteristics of the person. Becomes a tangled web of multiple contradictions.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Does the Holy Spirit have personality?

Acts 10:17 Now while Peter was greatly perplexed in mind as to what the vision which he had seen might be, behold, the men who had been sent by Cornelius, having asked directions for Simon’s house, appeared at the gate; 18 and calling out, they were asking whether Simon, who was also called Peter, was staying there. 19 While Peter was reflecting on the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Behold, three men are looking for you. 20 “But get up, go downstairs and accompany them without misgivings, for I have sent them Myself.”

Sounds like it to me.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    JWs only beleive in body and spirit- and they teach the spiriti, like electricity, does not take on any of the characteristics of the person. Becomes a tangled web of multiple contradictions.

So really just asking the question; what came down from heaven, certainly allows one to rationalize Christs' existence outside of the heavenly realm.

Perhaps the wicked angels of Noahs day were able to take on fleshly bodies, and then return to the spirit realm, but not Christ.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Issac,

What was the Spirit in the vision Cornelius had? An angel? Yes! The scriptures say so. Acts 10:3 He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an Angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius. What was the Spirit in the vision Peter had? The same Angel that appeared to Cornelius? Yes, and this same Angel even told Peter that: 20 Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them. So by your own reasoing the Holy Spirit is an Angel. And you set out to prove this to us. Nice work.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit