jesus denies being God! scriptural discussion.

by reniaa 421 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Joseph

And hypostasis is a biblical expression that also applies to human beings but not in the same way I applied it to Christ.

I don't really care how "you" apply it to Christ. What matters is how the bible (the Holy Spirit) applies it.

Bottom line is, by your own words"...possesses both the nature of Man and the nature of such Logos,". Jesus has a human nature and a divine nature.

reniaa can't even agree with you on this. It seems that for the JWs, that think they know what Jesus is not. When pressed about who He really is, they have an even bigger mystery than the "Trinitarians"

Deputy dog,...Sure you are. Saying they are separate persons but one God is just a round about way of doing it.

You saying; one man with a dual nature creates a big problem for you and an even bigger problem for the JW, that's why reniaa doesn't seem to know what came down from heaven.

reniaa

Please, I'm hoping you will tell me what part of that "ark angel" came down from heaven.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

I don't really care how "you" apply it to Christ.

DD,

Well I will tell you anyway. I applied it in the dictionary generic form. Trinitarians used it but not in its generic form and it was actually used by them long before I did. Most think it is a Trinitarian term. The way the scriptures used it is much simpler. It was a word that meant confidence not nature or person the way Trinitarians think. And it was translated as confidence in other texts. including Hebrews 3:14. So we know what the writer of Hebrews really meant. Christ had the exact same confidence and image that God had regarding the outcome of events the Fathers and prophets of times past under discussion had or hoped for. That is what Hebrews was talking about and illustrated further in chapter 1. The problem is not mine. The scriptures accurately described the Nature of the Logos both in times past, after becoming a man and afterward. You do not have to believe it. I do not have to convince you. All I am obligated to do as a disciple is to make it known. You know his life was transferred by God making him the only human begotten by God. You do not have to understand that either. But some readers may consider it and study the matter for themselves.

Joseph

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Joseph

You know his life was transferred by God making him the only human begotten by God.

Where would I get that idea? Show me the verse. And I want to see those words in the text.

You do not have to understand that either.

Apparently you dont either. If you understand it, tell us what came down from heaven. If Jesus has the life of an angel (who are spirit in nature) he is not "just a man". He is part angel.

But some readers may consider it and study the matter for themselves.

Where would we go to study the matter? The WT? It's not in the bible.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Joseph

One more thing, if you don't mind. After this "transfer" what happenned to the angel while Jesus was on earth? Did he cease to exist?

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

DD,

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. . . . 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

When the Word was made flesh he was no longer an angel but a man. The darkness does not comprehend this just as you do not. You are simply wrong and have no text to support your assumption.

Joseph

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

NegotiatingBeating A Dead Horse 4NegotiatingLaughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Joseph

Funny how I don't see anything that looks like "his life was transferred" So where did you get that idea?

When the Word was made flesh he was no longer an angel but a man. The darkness does not comprehend this just as you do not. You are simply wrong and have no text to support your assumption.

The only person I see making assumptions right now, is you, my friend.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Joseph

Also, if that angel ceased to exist while Jesus was on earth. An angel and a man died to save the world.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

DD,

This was explained in an earlier post, but here is another one. Joh 6:62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is silly to think that there would be a verse with YOUR exact words. But it is taught in scripture regardless.

Joseph

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Joseph

It is silly to think that there would be a verse with YOUR exact words.

You mean your exact words. Yes, it is silly to think that your "silly" words exist in the bible. I don't see anything that looks even a little like "transfer" But, the words that I believe, do exist in the bible.

That's why when people quote scripture to you, you have to jump to your "silly" words and assumptions to refute them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit