jesus denies being God! scriptural discussion.

by reniaa 421 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

DD and the Elderwho?

Ok. You both will not listen. So you answer the question from scripture. Can you do that? I think not, so prove me wrong.

Joseph

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

nice try Joseph. A lil dishonesty on your part mirrors that of the WT.

Verse 3:

3 About the ninth hour of the day he (Cornelius) clearly saw in a vision an angel of God who had just come in and said to him, “Cornelius!”

Now Peter had his encounter and the Spirit, not the angel that spoke to Cornelius but the SPIRIT spoke to Peter and told him that He had sent the men to him. Nowhere does the Spirit say that he also had spoken directly to Cornelius.

19 While Peter was reflecting on the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Behold, three men are looking for you. 20 “But get up, go downstairs and accompany them without misgivings, for I have sent them Myself.”

The angel that spoke to Cornelius and told him to dispatch men to Joppa for peter was merely relaying a message to him given by the Spirit. Notice he said "I have sent them"...NEVER did He say that he spoke directly to Cornelius.

Again, not very honest on your part there Joseph. Makes one wonder what kind of truth you are trying to present when it needs dishonesty to support it.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

The angel that spoke to Cornelius and told him to dispatch men to Joppa for peter was merely relaying a message to him given by the Spirit.

Issac,

The verse did not say that. Where does it say anyone was relaying a message anywhere in the texts? Nowhere. You made it up. What books of the Bible were you inspired to write. None! Can you raise the dead and heal the sick as well? No! Then you are stuck with the verse that clearly said: I have sent them. And that I, that Spirit whoever it was in the visions being described is also called/identified as an Angel in Acts. 10:3. Hard for you to take I see. Do you know what scriptural use is for words like this: Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. Well I do, and now perhaps a few more reading this do as well.

Joseph

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Issac,

The verse did not say that. Where does it say anyone was relaying a message anywhere in the texts? Nowhere. You made it up. What books of the Bible were you inspired to write. None! Can you raise the dead and heal the sick as well? No!

My reply: Joseph, you are simply delusional. I didn't make anything up at all. I simply observed the pattern of the use of angels throut the Bible...unlike you who needs to tailor each circumstance to uphold preconceived doctrine. Just as the Angel of the Lord in the OT speaks and it is God speaking thru that angel....The Holy Spirit spoke thru this Angel. An angel is a messenger. The Holy Spirit spoke thru a messenger. Bible class 101.

Then you are stuck with the verse that clearly said: I have sent them. And that I, that Spirit whoever it was in the visions being described is also called/identified as an Angel in Acts. 10:3.

My reply: Untrue, and baseless. It is not identified as the angel....Again- definition of angel- messenger.

Hard for you to take I see. Do you know what scriptural use is for words like this: Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. Well I do, and now perhaps a few more reading this do as well.

Joseph

My reply: Not hard for me to take at all. Simply reading in context. Heb 1:7 you are using the KJV and trying to make that word 'spirits' mean the same "Holy Spirit" in Acts.

Let's look at a few other translations of this shall we:

NLT God calls his angels "messengers swift as the wind, and servants made of flaming fire."*

NIV In speaking of the angels he says, “He makes his angels winds, his servants flames of fire.”*

ESV Of the angels he says,

“He makes his angels winds,
    and his ministers a flame of fire.”

NASB And of the angels He says, "WHO MAKES HIS ANGELS WINDS, AND HIS MINISTERS A FLAME OF FIRE."

RSV Of the angels he says, "Who makes his angels winds, and his servants flames of fire."

You are as you always do Joseph...taking this hebrews verse out of context. This whole chapter in hebrews is explaining jesus to the Jews and this portion of scripture is distinguishing between Jesus and angels.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Ah, grown men calling each other idiots and fools over a 2000-year-old ghost story.

I love it!

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

I simply observed the pattern of the use of angels throut the Bible...

Issac,

Well then show us the verses and how this pattern works? Can you do that or is this simply another bluff?

DoomVoyager,

Yeah, goes like this with some people that him that likes to call others wrong.

Joseph

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Issac,

The verse did not say that. Where does it say anyone was relaying a message anywhere in the texts? Nowhere. You made it up. What books of the Bible were you inspired to write. None! Can you raise the dead and heal the sick as well? No!

My reply: Joseph, you are simply delusional. I didn't make anything up at all. I simply observed the pattern of the use of angels throut the Bible...unlike you who needs to tailor each circumstance to uphold preconceived doctrine. Just as the Angel of the Lord in the OT speaks and it is God speaking thru that angel....The Holy Spirit spoke thru this Angel. An angel is a messenger. The Holy Spirit spoke thru a messenger. Bible class 101.

Then you are stuck with the verse that clearly said: I have sent them. And that I, that Spirit whoever it was in the visions being described is also called/identified as an Angel in Acts. 10:3.

My reply: Untrue, and baseless. It is not identified as the angel....Again- definition of angel- messenger.

Hard for you to take I see. Do you know what scriptural use is for words like this: Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. Well I do, and now perhaps a few more reading this do as well.

Joseph

My reply: Not hard for me to take at all. Simply reading in context. Heb 1:7 you are using the KJV and trying to make that word 'spirits' mean the same "Holy Spirit" in Acts.

Let's look at a few other translations of this shall we:

NLT God calls his angels "messengers swift as the wind, and servants made of flaming fire."*

NIV In speaking of the angels he says, “He makes his angels winds, his servants flames of fire.”*

ESV Of the angels he says,

“He makes his angels winds,
    and his ministers a flame of fire.”

NASB And of the angels He says, "WHO MAKES HIS ANGELS WINDS, AND HIS MINISTERS A FLAME OF FIRE."

RSV Of the angels he says, "Who makes his angels winds, and his servants flames of fire."

You are as you always do Joseph...taking this hebrews verse out of context. This whole chapter in hebrews is explaining jesus to the Jews and this portion of scripture is distinguishing between Jesus and angels.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Gen 31:

11 And the angel of God spake unto me in a dream, saying, Jacob: And I said, Here am I.

12 And he said, Lift up now thine eyes, and see, all the rams which leap upon the cattle are ringstraked, speckled, and grisled: for I have seen all that Laban doeth unto thee.

13 I am the God of Bethel, where thou anointedst the pillar, and where thou vowedst a vow unto me: now arise, get thee out from this land, and return unto the land of thy kindred.

Judges 2;

1 And an angel of the LORD came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I sware unto your fathers; and I said, I will never break my covenant with you.

2 And ye shall make no league with the inhabitants of this land; ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not obeyed my voice: why have ye done this?

3 Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you.

4 And it came to pass, when the angel of the LORD spake these words unto all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voice, and wept.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

LOL,

What happened to Michaels being while Jesus was playing human on earth?.....Any takers?

This is why I can just about kick myself for getting into the thread, because its the same nonsense years later. You have a thought about Christs' existence and no one to step up and show there work. Amazing.

All I have done in this thread is ask a question. Thats it, one question.

1) What came down from heaven?

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Elderwho,

And it was answered. But you were asked for your scriptural explanation. You did not even try to answer so we take it that you do not know.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit