jesus denies being God! scriptural discussion.

by reniaa 421 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
  • isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hebrews 1:1 God, Speaking of the Divine Being as known to the Jews….the person of the father, AKA God
    who long ago spoke on many occasions and in many ways to our forefathers by means of the prophets,

2 has at the end of these days spoken to us by means of a Son, Explaining the Son to the Jews
    whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things. Made the worlds- plural. He made everything in the universe.
    John 1:3 All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.

Isaiah 44:24 This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser and the Former of you from the belly: `I Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth. Who was with me?'

3 He is the reflection of [his] glory and the exact representation of his very being, He looks exactly like God. Does anyone else look like God?

Psalm 89 :6 For who in the skies can be compared to Jehovah? Who can resemble Jehovah among the sons of God? 7 God is to be held in awe among the intimate group of holy ones; He is grand and fear-inspiring over all who are round about him. 8 O Jehovah God of armies, Who is vigorous like you, O Jah? And your faithfulness is all around you. 9 You are ruling over the swelling of the sea; When it raises up its waves you yourself calm them.

Interesting point on verse 9- You are ruling over the swelling of the sea; When it raises up its waves you yourself calm them. Jehovah rules over the sea.

Matthew 8

24 Now, look! a great agitation arose in the sea, so that the boat was being covered by the waves; he, however, was sleeping. 25 And they came and woke him up, saying: “Lord, save us, we are about to perish!” 26 But he said to them: “Why are YOU fainthearted, YOU with little faith?” Then, getting up, he rebuked the winds and the sea, and a great calm set in. 27 So the men became amazed and said: “What sort of person is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him?”
    and he sustains all things by the word of his power; and after he had made a purification for our sins he sat down on the right hand of the Majesty in lofty places.

He does all the works of God. Can anyone besides God do all the works of God? The last portion would be blasphemous if he were anyone other than God in nature.

4 So he has become better than the angels, to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs.

Distinguished now from angels- any angel, archangel or otherwise. He was made better upon his re-glorification. Prior to that he had emptied himself to a nature below that of angels. Notice, better- refers to nature.

5 For example, to which one of the angels did he ever say: "You are my son; I, today, I have become your father"? And again: "I myself shall become his father, and he himself will become my son"?

Romans 1:3,4; concerning his Son, who sprang from the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 but who with power was declared God’s Son according to the spirit of holiness by means of resurrection from the dead—yes, Jesus Christ our Lord,

Acts 13:33; that God has entirely fulfilled it to us their children in that he resurrected Jesus; even as it is written in the second psalm, ‘You are my son, I have become your Father this day.’

Acts and Romans apply his becoming the father’s son at his resurrection- not some creation. The rest of the chapter goes on to show more and more how different the Son is from any angel.

There are two OT quotes- Psalm 2:7, &2 Samuel 7:14-I myself shall become his father, and he himself will become my son

The rest of the chapter distinguishes more between the Son and angels….

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

IssacAustin,

I explained it just fine. Look it up for yourself. Check all the verses involved and get the meaning of this word. It clarifies Heb 1:3 and many translations of it.

Joseph

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

It is quite clear what it is saying Joseph. You are just unable/unwilling to accept it.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

IssacAustin,

To you like many on here no doubt. But they do not understand how translators push doctrine. If you looked it up like I requested and compared its use in the other texts in which it is used then a completely different doctrine would emerge. I gave you all the information you need. Many have done this to me, but I did not complain about it and looked things up. Staying in the dark is prefered by most and there is not much that I can do about that.

Joseph

P.S. Here is a clue. You only have five verses to consider. That is all the sciptural use that applies. It is easy.

JM

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I looked it up in several instances Joseph. I guess as you like to say "very few people understand the Bible"...except for yourself, of course. Perhpas your quote should be amended to "very few people understand the bible the way Joseph malik does..."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Never let someone who believes in the trinity,tell you they think God and Jesus are two separate beings..Even if they really do!..That would stop a pointless argument!..Beating A Dead Horse 4Beating A Dead Horse 4..How can you keep a thread going for pages and pages,with out a pointless argument?.. Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• ninja
    ninja

"please everyone ... do what I taught you...stop arguing and try getting on with each other ....thanks"....jesus

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Isaac,

As Im sure your aware,not only does Yahweh share his glory, Christ just about demands it in his prayer, " give me the glory I had with you" Its the same result when asked "what came down from heaven" Deputy Dog poses the question that makes the wheels fall off of many held positions. In the end their arguement is with scripture not the one asking the question.

This type of questioning works very well with the witness, and the Mormon. which Ive seen the Deputy in action, first hand.

Its amazing what people will do with Christs' existence to make sense of there own position.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

you are so right elderrwho...they will twist it, ignore it...cut it off just to uphold doctrine.

My friend when he was little was at the store with his parents to buy a pair of shoes. And there was a pair he loved- but they were too samll for him. So he held in his toes and lied, syaing they fit him fine. Well when home they started to make his feet hurt...so he told his dad. His dad told him they could do one of two things- cut off his toes or cut off the ends of the shoes. They ended up cutting off the ends of the shoes and they looked so silly they could not be used for anything. That is how people look when they ignore or pretend Scriptures don't exist because they can not admit that the source giving them the info is wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit