jesus denies being God! scriptural discussion.

by reniaa 421 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa,

see my replies below your posts...

first mark 10 :17-20

17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, do not defraud, honor your father and mother.' [d] "

20 "Teacher," he declared, "all these I have kept since I was a boy."

why would jesus pick up the mans words if he actually was God?

Jesus did NOT say he was not good. He simply asked a question...putting this man in a position of recognizing he was God.

next math 4 :8-10

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."

10 Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' [d] "

firstly why would satan offer Jesus kingdoms and splender if he thought jesus was god indeed why would he consider such stuff would tempt god enough to worship him? and why would jesus reply that way if he was God surely he would say worship only me or something to that effect?

Jesus simply stated that worship goes only to God- he did not exclude himself from this. Also, at this point Jesus was in the flesh and had emptied himself.

john 14 28:30

28 "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. 30 I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me, 31 but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me. "Come now; let us leave.

here jesus shows us that he never considers himself equal to god and obeys him.

Hbr 1:4Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

greater does not mean better. Greater is postion- better is nature. Look back at John 14:12

Jhn 14:12

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Greater does not mean better, unless you think Jesus is telling his disciples that his works are inferior to their future works.

Jh 14;28 is simply telling his disciples he is going to his father who has a higher position (not nature) than him and he will receive all from his father...because his father is greater than he is...Jesus will in turn send the Holy Spirit to his people.

john 8:14-18

14 Jesus answered, "Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. 15 You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. 16 But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. 17 In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two men is valid. 18 I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me."

here jesus s showing he fulfills the testimony law on two witnesses but which two? himself and his father...2 separate people testifying (not 3 in1) how could jesus say this if he was saying he was God? and in fact wouldn't jesus be giving false testimony here if he was in fact god?

Ok, another proof text Reniaa that you are a JW is the misdefinition of the trinity. The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit are 3 separate persons. These 3 separates person's are equal in nature- just as you and I are equal in nature. These 3 persons subsit in one being. You are also one being but only 1 person subsits in you.

John 10: 31-37

31 Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"

33 "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods' [e] ? 35 If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? 37 Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does.

here jesus is accused of being God but he corrects them showing you can call many things God and then correctly identifying himself as God's son only. definitely a wasted opportunity for jesus to confirm all that trinititarians believe.

Reniaa...are they truly gods? Obviously not. You are skipping over the meaning of the term son...which carries an identity of nature.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

reniaa scripture-hopping as usual... nothing to see here

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

My opinion, for what it's worth.

The trinity is a doctrine that arose in order to makes sense of a number of biblical contradictions. Either you harmonize these contradictions through the belief in a trinity (or something else), or you pretend that the contradictions are not there.

At the end of the day you end up arguing about an invisible entity you've never actually met.

• isaacaustin
  • isaacaustin
  • isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

when I try to post what I am saying I keep getting an erorr message. Why?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe Jesus is YHWH, God of the Old Testament. What convinced me of this? Mainly Exodus 3:14 and John 8:58, and the fact that the WT went to great lengths to mistranslate those verses.

I would like to amplify what Satanus said about how Jesus at times misled others. Here in John chapter 7, He butted heads with His half-brothers. Notice how disdainful and disbelieving His brothers behave toward Him. Can you blame Jesus for His response?

From The Message Bible:

John 7

1 -2 Later Jesus was going about his business in Galilee. He didn't want to travel in Judea because the Jews there were looking for a chance to kill him. It was near the time of Tabernacles, a feast observed annually by the Jews.

3 -5 His brothers said, "Why don't you leave here and go up to the Feast so your disciples can get a good look at the works you do? No one who intends to be publicly known does everything behind the scenes. If you're serious about what you are doing, come out in the open and show the world." His brothers were pushing him like this because they didn't believe in him either.

6 -8 Jesus came back at them, "Don't crowd me. This isn't my time. It's your time—it's always your time; you have nothing to lose. The world has nothing against you, but it's up in arms against me. It's against me because I expose the evil behind its pretensions. You go ahead, go up to the Feast. Don't wait for me. I'm not ready. It's not the right time for me."

9 -11 He said this and stayed on in Galilee. But later, after his family had gone up to the Feast, he also went. But he kept out of the way, careful not to draw attention to himself. The Jews were already out looking for him, asking around, "Where is that man?"

12 -13 There was a lot of contentious talk about him circulating through the crowds. Some were saying, "He's a good man." But others said, "Not so. He's selling snake oil." This kind of talk went on in guarded whispers because of the intimidating Jewish leaders.

Sylvia

• reniaa
    reniaa

Seriously satanas and snowbird you are not making the argument that jesus misled/lied deliberately because he was angry and upset at people?

And this is a supporting argument you are putting on the table to prove that he is god?

if alternatively you were trying to prove he was satan 'the father of the lie' then......

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Well, Reniaa, YWHW did have a knack for "sending out a lying prophet" and in other ways misleading / confusing the Jews. I guess it was just a jolly old time for him to, for example, tell David to take a census and then kill 70 000 Isrealites for David having taken a census! What fun!

• cjones
    cjones

Reniaa, The bible teaches that the Father is God, that Jesus is God and the Holy Spirit is God and that there is only one God. I have not read all of the responses, just a couple of them, however I wanted to share this verse with you.

1 John 5:7 (KJV) For there are three that bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

God bless,

cjones

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit