Do you have a need to prove JWs wrong?

by LouBelle 17 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I remember when I first left I wanted to tell every one I knew how bad/wrong/indoctrinated the JWs were. I was angry at having been deceived for so many years. Now they are just like every other religion if you get to the core of it. I dont point fingers and say they are wrong as all religion is an institution that most people need to get by in this life and most are content to a certain degree.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Only if asked.

• TopHat
    TopHat

No, The JWs are no longer a part of my life

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I used to be rabid about it...fresh out because they had treated me, and even my JW family members treated me, like shyte on their shoes and were elitist and accusatory and slanderous and self righteous about it. But over time Ive backed off, as opposed to DOWN, about talking about them. I will never be rid of them because Im married to them. But when asked...I definitely answer with all barrels.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont have a need to prove them wrong they did that themselves. 1976 came and went.

I dont know what they sell the new generation to get them to go to meetings.

More than half the people in the world are stupid. They are fair game to whoever wants them.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I don't care so much about extracting JW's who are in and happy, but if a non-JW expresses interest, I'm happy to explain why they should not ruin their life by investing their time.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Discreetly and only if provoked.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Nope, never even think about it unless I visit over here.

However, if opportunity knocks, I would oblige.

/ag

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I talk about it more freely nowadays. However, I think there are a whole lot of bad religions (what the hell, they're all bad) and I don't have any need to go around proving anything.

• halcyon
    halcyon

I have the need to present a very strong and non-arguable case to present to my "in" relatives, something that they don't already have pat responses for. I haven't come up with anything (not that I don't have a strong case, but that they don't have pat answers for. "Oh, you're just looking at it from a fleshly viewpoint." "They're only men." etc.)

I don't have a need to prove all of them wrong. I just have a need to erase the hurt from my relatives' hearts. If I had an argument that even caused them to say, "oh! Well, okay, we can accept your decision as your own personal decision, and be fine with it," then I'd be overjoyed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit