Do you have a need to prove JWs wrong?

by LouBelle 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think they know they are wrong. I DO have a need to warn non JWs about the religion and I often do when it comes up.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Yes.

And I justify this by reasoning that their doctrines concerning blood puts each of them at risk of dying unnecessarily for a publishing company.

pseudo

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I don't go around looking for opportunities (unless you consider posting here one), but I do think it's important to let the truth be known about the Watchtower. They are an abusive, manipulative and deceptive organization that hurts people, and I think they should be exposed for that. The more everyone knows about them, and other cults like them, the less they will be able to hurt others. And if the word gets out far and wide enough, the WT will be forced to change their tactics.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    all religion is an institution that most people need to get by in this life and most are content to a certain degree.

Do people really need religion? Or do the leaders need religion to control people?

I agree with Greek philosopher Critias who said religion was a human invention use to frighten people into following moral order.

Religion divides people against each other, and is a tool used to pit nations against each other. It warps politics and it is used as a headwind against scientific progress.

As to whether it helps people be content, I'll quote H.D. Thoreau who wrote in Walden, "the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation". I'd add, this in spite of the fact that the majority are exposed to the institution of religion from an early age.

My desperation in life subsided, and my focus increased, once I left the JW's. I'm content knowing they're wrong, and feel no need to "prove" it to anyone. Most reasonable people, if they care to even think about it, can see it's wrong without my saying so.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I don't have a need to prove JWs wrong any more but I do like to remind people (when the situation arises) that their authority is human and not divine or supernatural at all. I'd do that with any organisation that has ideas above its station

Most people are happy to agree.

ql

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

No. I have no need for truth or doctrine to be one thing or another. I am happy to study and let it be what it is for me to find out. A JW, OTOH, often needs things to be what they are told from the tower. They often need this to the point that they will ignore evidence and reason contrary to what they are told. I enjoy asking them why they think a certain thing is so and to ask them where they found that in scripture. It often falls out that scripture does not support what they believe. Sometimes this can cause a spark of thinking and I can see it on the face, in the eyes. I like doing that. Strange hobby, I know.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I agree with those of you who say they talk about the issue when it comes up. I am more open about letting people know I was a JW, and that it is one crazy sick religion. I'm surprised at how many non-JWs agree with me. I seldom come across an active JW, but I like to ask them about "millions now living will never die." I like to ask, "so when's that going to happen?"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I don`t care what a JW believes..Unless they start preaching..Then they get both Barrels..Machine Gun 2..........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit