Unexpected JW reaction

by cameo-d 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

yes, brother flipper you are right! It's a crock of shit. And how witless of our parents to expose us to this kind of mental torture. I have no idea how many nightmares I had about these things. I can still remember some of the nightmares vividly.

• Quandry
    Quandry

cameo-d, You said, and I am sorry I didn't see it sooner,

Since the priests and pharisees will actually be working with them in establishing the nwo....could this mean that those in priestly garbs are the "ones whose robes are washed"? Could it mean that the Bride of Christ is killed first?

These priests are the "worldly" non JW ones-like Catholic, that have distinctive garb.(the WT thinks the 144,000-made up of only JWs- are the Bride of Christ) The WT claims that the Governments will turn on ALL religion and seek to destroy them-only-ha-ha-they can't get rid of JWs, because they are the only TRUE worshippers. But during this great tribulation, it would be hard on JWs also.

I think this was from the God's Kingdom of 1,000 years has approached. I believe it was a yellow book.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

These priests are the "worldly" non JW ones-like Catholic, that have distinctive garb.(the WT thinks the 144,000-made up of only JWs- are the Bride of Christ) The WT claims that the Governments will turn on ALL religion and seek to destroy them-only-ha-ha-they can't get rid of JWs, because they are the only TRUE worshippers. But during this great tribulation, it would be hard on JWs also.

I think this was from the God's Kingdom of 1,000 years has approached. I believe it was a yellow book.

Thanks, Quandry. I understand that you are saying this is what WT teaches. But since I assume you no longer believe WT teachings....what are your personal thoughts on this? Is it still the same as what WT says? or do you have other ideas?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

They also believe that many JWs will not be found good enough for Jehovah, and thus won't show up breathing on the other side of Armeggedon. What is that scripture they use to scare the $&*( out of witnesses? Seek mildness, seek blah blah, probably you may be concealed in the day of Jehovah's anger.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I became immune to the persecution angle too; as a child I was taught that sooner or later we'd all face concentration camps and having to choose between being shot or 'denying Jehovah', whatever that means. It was just part of the Great Tribulation.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I will not forget this Watchtower - 1973 12/15, 759 based on Habakkuk

"Even during the "great tribulation" itself, according to His own prophecies, Jehovah God will take action against his earthly enemies with plague, earthquakes and other elemental forces against which His enemies cannot fight with their nuclear bombs and economic and medical programs. Who can escape from being affected to some extent? It is true that the spirit-anointed remnant of spiritual Israelites and the associated "great crowd" are, like Jesus, "no part of the world," yet they are "in the world" and cannot help but feel effects due to world conditions. Moreover, as "objects of hatred" by all nations and peoples, they cannot expect to be given favored treatment and exemptions from worldwide discomfort.—

What, though, when the nations, having wreaked their vengeance on Babylon the Great, mass together in total warfare against Jehovah’s surviving worshipers to scatter and devour them? No longer will the governmental "superior authorities" of this world serve as ‘God’s ministers’ to Jehovah’s Christian witnesses for their good. (Rom. 13:1-4) Their means of serving the public in general will break down or be disrupted. Besides now failing as ‘God’s ministers’ in this respect, they will now turn themselves into fighters against Jehovah God by unitedly attacking his people, thus provoking the war of Har–Magedon. Naturally, the economic and living conditions and personal freedoms of Jehovah’s Christian witnesses should be reduced to a very low subsistence level. Extermination will stare them in the face! O the hardships then!"

We were so psyched up that I hid a copy of that mag and a Bible in a safe place in the house where we lived, so I would have some "spritual food" when persecution came . When I moved out I forgot it. I wonder if it is still there?

NB fear and expectation of persecution is typical cult behaviour - but I did not know that then

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

cameo-de

Then this staunch JW says "I hope they shoot me. I don't want to be gassed."

Hi. I tell you another "unexpected JW reaction. The next one...

Now, listen:

I am a JW in "good standing". So, okay. And I tell you following:

If - in armageddon, or during the great trib, or during another event - me or my family get threatened with death, I will fight and shoot back by all means imaginable. In the name of the ALMIGHTY GOD himself, whose name is JHWH. No matter, whether the attacker is an officer (state), a police man, a robber, an insane one, a terrorist, or even a "brother" himself who got insane. No matter, whether I would have a resurrection in heaven, on earth, in the hell, or not of all.

fly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit