Unexpected JW reaction

by cameo-d 56 Replies latest jw friends

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

The WTS angle is that they will be saved as a group but individuals may suffer ,of though this is what most JW's would like to believe and take the comfortable option for themself personally. THEY MAY HAVE TO BRING BACK THE BOOK STUDY ARRANGEMENT SO THEY CAN ALL SECRETLY KEEP IN TOUCH LOL

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Outlaw,

this is one of the few times you have said something that is not funny.

You all are going to make me cry.

It's bad enough to face the day if it ever does come.... but this is child abuse. It is worse than being beaten or starved. Physical bruises can heal. But mental crap like this is forever. It shapes your life, your outlook, and your relationships.

The only way I can even remotely identify with this concept would be my memories back during the cuban missle crisis. We were told we might be separated from our families, because we didn't know when it would happen. We all had to wear dog tags and we had drills at school with the loud blaring siren. Our school was right beside a RR track and one day we had a drill where we had to line up further away from the playground than we had before. Then the train came and I started crying. I thought this was "it." We did not get on the train. It was a timing drill I guess for how long it would take for assembly and for train to get to us. But, when it finally ended--it ended! and it was all forgotton. It was not like having to live with it hanging over your head all the time, for years-- like you probably did.

Quandry, since we all know Jws don't have the truth...if this jehovah-jihad comes about....who will they really be coming for?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    I believe that in one book from many years ago, it even said that those in Priestly garb will be arrested, etc.

Since the priests and pharisees will actually be working with them in establishing the nwo....could this mean that those in priestly garbs are the "ones whose robes are washed"? Could it mean that the Bride of Christ is killed first?

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I was always be careful not to say my fears aloud or Satan would use them against me in the GT. I was always afraid of bees and needles being stuck in my eye. I was worried Satan would have me tortured like this into renouncing my faith. Only if I endured faithful would I make it to the paradise.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I remember the elders saying this was one reason why you shouldn't pour out your fears in audible prayer to Jehovah, because Satan was listening and what you were most afraid of was the torture you would be dealt.

You know, now my mother and siblings deny all of this. It's reassuring to me to hear that the rest of you remember this stuff, too.

StAnn

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Cognitave Disadent..Your Dad was going to let them shoot you..Nice guy..LOL!!.....My captors were going to make me set the fire,that was going to burn my parents alive..Mom said so.................................Cameo-D..Life for a JW Kid is hell..The mental abuse is constant..The beatings and starvation didn`t help either..That was my life as a JW Kid..............Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• yknot
    yknot
    Warm boots and coats! Bah! That's for sissies. When I was 5 my dad told me that if the concentration camp commander put a gun to my head and told my father he had to choose between worshipping Jehovah and my life, then he would have to let them shoot me! Now sweet dreams kids and don't forge to say your prayers!

Oh that floods back memories!

Did anyone else cover lying? I was told I would have to be very discerning as some "Brothers" would stumble in weakness.

• dinah
    dinah
    I was always be careful not to say my fears aloud or Satan would use them against me in the GT. I was always afraid of bees and needles being stuck in my eye. I was worried Satan would have me tortured like this into renouncing my faith. Only if I endured faithful would I make it to the paradise.

Yep, met too. Funny how that all seemed perfectly sane to us back then. I always hoped for a quick death too.

• knock knock
    knock knock

I remember this stuff. I was willing to fight! I would hold off the militia by surrounding myself with machine guns blazing away at those coming after me.

Perhaps I just never really understood the program? :)

• Robdar
    Robdar

Like many on this thread, I was also told that "they" would come for us. That there could be starvation, beatings, death camps, etc.

I just can't get over the extremes of the mind games here. Paradise one week--nazi torture the next week. This is just too much for me to comprehend. How in the hell did you ever have any peace or joy in between?

It was very difficult to find peace. It also explains why many jws go nuts.

The way I dealt with it was by reading books on edible wild plants and herbs. I learned how to shoot a rifle, I studied camouflage and other survival techniques. I always figured that the Lord would help those that helped themselves and THIS jw would go down fighting.

Heh, I even had an escape route planned through the woods on our property. When the great tribulation started, I was going to gather my siblings and my dog and get the hell outta there. I was going to make damn sure that we would survive and somehow I would find a way for us all to make it through.

Funny how you think when you are a kid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit