Unexpected JW reaction

by cameo-d 56 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah
    Heh, I even had an escape route planned through the woods on our property. When the great tribulation started, I was going to gather my siblings and my dog and get the hell outta there. I was going to make damn sure that we would survive and somehow I would find a way for us all to make it through

I always worried about my dog too.

Seriously, some of us heard this crap from the time we were able to comprehend sentences.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I always worried about my dog too.

Dinah, it was horrifying, wasnt it? Bless your kind heart for worrying about your doggie. Give me a hug.

• Robdar
    Robdar

StAnn

I remember the elders saying this was one reason why you shouldn't pour out your fears in audible prayer to Jehovah, because Satan was listening and what you were most afraid of was the torture you would be dealt.

I remember the same thing being said in our cong.

God, after reliving this with the other posters, I am surprised we are all still here. The pressure and anxiety was enough to kill us.

• dinah
    dinah

It didn't kill us, it made us stronger. Just took us a while to get here.

I just can't believe how our parents all passed this off as completely normal to us! No wonder they talked about us being in that "crazy religion" when we were kids.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    When I was 5 my dad told me that if the concentration camp commander put a gun to my head and told my father he had to choose between worshipping Jehovah and my life, then he would have to let them shoot me!

If he had lived a few years back, I suppose he would have sacrified you to Molech without thinking twice. Molech liked the flesh of young children. Bet you would have grown up a well behaved bedwetting child if you were threatened with being eaten by Molech all the time! These gods have always been a mindf*** haven't they? jehovah-jihad is no different.

This is why I believe these "gods" were the evil angels that fell. They have done nothing but manipulate with fear and terror. They have brought hell to earth.

I don't believe Jesus is any relation to this jehovah god. I think the Hebrews made a pact with these angel-gods (the rainbow covenant has nothing to do with the rainbow you see after a rain. "Rainbow" describes the aura of these wicked angels) These angel gods dictated rules and even the slightest infraction (i.e. the "look of lust becomes the act of adultry") then a sacrifice is required. Laws assured them of being fed and the priests made a good living out of it, too.

The "new covenant" Jesus offered was for them to come clean about what they were doing. That's why he was sent only to the Jews. I think he was the closest communication we have had with our creators. Why does "god" not hear you or stop the madness? There's a war on in heaven---still. They can't get back to us. But I do believe they will rescue all of us from this tragic living very soon.

This nazi--paradise mind yo-yo sounds like it's based on the Stockholm syndrome. (emotional mind manipulation) I guess after awhile, paradise is not enough enough to compensate for the reality of mental anguish.

CD, I am really sorry that your parents didn't love you like they should. I hope you escaped in time not to pass it on to your children.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    If he had lived a few years back, I suppose he would have sacrified you to Molech without thinking twice. Molech liked the flesh of young children. Bet you would have grown up a well behaved bedwetting child if you were threatened with being eaten by Molech all the time! These gods have always been a mindf*** haven't they? jehovah-jihad is no different.

I said something similar to my dad not too long ago. I pointed out how the society expect parents to offer child sacrifices to Jehovah through their blood doctrine. Surprisingly, he agreed with me.

Cameo-d, I am sending you a pm.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I grew up w the same dread of persecution, torture, concentration camps, anarchy, money worthless, etc. All this during the cold war didn't help. I used to look up at jets flying high overhead and wonder when the bombs would start falling. I still remember reading the yb on jws in germany, 1975, i think it was. Bad stuff. Maybe they have eased off on emphasizing this kind of stuff, now. For the kids' sake, i hope so.

S

• lancelink
    lancelink

I just can't get over the extremes of the mind games here. Paradise one week--nazi torture the next week. This is just too much for me to comprehend. How in the hell did you ever have any peace or joy in between?

i remember always hearing the same answer, "the paradise is coming, focus on the good things to come"

But then I remember hearing someone talk about rats eating people while they slept and the whole paradise thing went out the window.

Man, this really was / is a mind blowing religion.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    they will be saved as a group but individuals may suffer

I wonder how many Israelites were trampled to death under the ox carts while leaving Egypt....

• chickpea
    chickpea

my assimilation began in the late 80s/early90s and
    they were definitely beating that drum in the district
    where i lived..... there were the " survivalists" and the
    "let jah provide" camps, and i do admit we had our
    strategy to escape somewhat in place until it became
    a background, hardly mentioned but not forgotten "teaching"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit