Unexpected JW reaction

by cameo-d 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Then I saw some thrones and people sitting on them who had been given the power to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been killed because they were faithful to the message of Jesus and the message from God. They had not worshiped the beast or his idol, and they had not received the mark of the beast on their foreheads or on their hands. They came back to life and ruled with Christ for a thousand years. (The others that were dead did not live again until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first raising of the dead. Blessed and holy are those who share in this first raising of the dead.The second death has no power over them. They will be priests for God and for Christ and will rule with him for a thousand years. - Revelation 20:4-6

Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death. - Revelation 2:10-11

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." -Revelation 21:8

Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. - Revelation 20:14

BA- 'Nuff said.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    Forgive me for asking . . . but are you trying to convert us or something?

Oh heavens NO! I think jehovahs-jihad is a hoax. I think "god" is a hoax. What would I convert you to, Estee?

Unless you're interested in my wicked-fallen-angels-playing-god because they resent mankind theory.

I know you are ex-Jw. But I figured you all studied the Bible a lot and probably have some answers for me. Is that OK?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Thanks for the input BA. That is one of the things I am still sorta figuring out.

In my post, I'm not saying that it absolutely is that way. I am looking for other views on it cos I haven't made up my mind yet.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I remember my parents telling me to not utter my worst fears out loud, because then satan would know. Like he would think I would enjoy being paraded naked and starving out in the snow until I died. They would also remind me that they loved me but might have to allow me to be raped and murdered in front of them out of loyalty to Jehovah. All those warm fuzzies coming back.

• myelaine
    myelaine

"according to what Jesus has said here, would it not be appropriate to plan a course of action to foil those plans?"...

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. eph 6:12.

"When we go to war, we should have a purpose that our people understand and support" ~ Colin Powell

Finally my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. ephesians 6:10

love michelle

• flipper
    flipper

CAMEO D- What Sacolton said is very true . Jehovah's Witnesses as well as other " mind controlling " religions use fear , unreasonable fear to scare their rank and file members into submission. It's a tactic that many cults and religions have used for centuries to control the lives of their members ! The JW's are no different. So yes - this JW telling you they would do this and look at it as an honor or whatever - is very deluded and decieved by a controlling organization that does not care for it's members.

BROTHER APOSTATE - There is no glory in martyrdom for a religion in any way , shape, or form. To believe that you are doing God or Jesus a favor by sacrificing your physical life to receive some reward in heaven or whatever is delusional , ill advised , and shows a lack of respect for the life we have been given that we have in the here and now. Many mind control cults want their rank and file members to jump off a proverbial cliff for them as well- and what do the deluded cult members get for it ? What did David Koresh's Branch Davidian members gain ? Or Jim Jones People's Temple members gain ? And what have Jehovah's Witnesses members gained when they were falsely promised in the 1920's " millions now living will never die " ? I'll tell you what they gained - death and unfulfilled expectations , period. It seems to me that terrorists and the kamikaze pilots in World War 2 think they die for a good purpose too , don't they ? I see no difference in their deluded thinking than I see in many cults, religions, and people refusing to live in the here and now who feel some higher power wants them to suffer to be good or acceptable ! It's all a croc of $hit ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    It's all a croc of $hit !

Amen! Brother Flipper! lol

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

whoa, Flipper. Very strong words of conviction. I like that.

This martyr or divine protection is a perplexing issue to me.

I am not a ex JW but I am just as "kooky" in my own way, I suppose. I have been exposed to---maybe too much---conspiracy stuff for many years. And it has probably influenced me as much as WT has influenced you in some respects. Anxiety, fear, paranoia....just a healthy dose (lol) I am not insane. Add to that, I do read scripture a lot and I see both truth and fiction there. Got to put on the boots sometimes. But then, I think there are meanings behind a lot of the absurdities.

I am starting another thread to discuss this so we don't stray too far off topic here.

I much appreciate your answer Flipper.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Well, I did try to post this as another topic, but BA is acting out because I suppose he thinks his opinion should be the final answer. So I am going to go ahead and post it here.

Martyrdom or Divine Protection?

If we are supposed to be "on the watch" what should we do when we see the wave coming? Should we just stand still? Should we believe in divine protection? Should we just shrug march into martyrdom? What's the purpose of being "on the watch" if you are to take no action?

Maybe I have listened to too many conspiracy theories. I guess that could be as bad as reading WT magazines. I get freaked out about some stuff, too.

In Luke 12, the verses seem to be warning us of how these things will take place. Two at the mill, one will be taken...in other words, it's sudden. You could be picked up at your job. Two in bed, one will be taken..... However it happens, these verses tell us that it will be a "surprise". Out of the blue. Your name is on someone's list.

Yet we are also warned that this day should NOT be like a thief in the night to us because we should have an idea when it is about to happen. Will it be a "clear call" (but not everyone hears or heeds?) will it just be a tugging intuitive feeling?

A lot of christians say oh, that refers to what happened in 70 AD. But that cannot be so because this conversation in Luke and Matthew are specifically discussing the "end of the world"...not the end of some little established town.

Assuming this is for our day and time, who would be most likely to be "picked up and taken"? Would it be the ones who know the truth about whats going on? Or would it be the ones that can more easily be controlled?

Do you believe in martyrdom, or divine protection? And how will that divine protection manifest itself?

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    Well, I did try to post this as another topic,

Really? Is that what you call the post "martyrdomor divine protection? With no elaboration of what you are looking for in the body of the OP? Lol. I wasn't the first to point out that your OP doesn't have any substance to it. None.

Do you believe in martyrdom, or divine protection? And how will that divine protection manifest itself?

There's a question.

Here's an answer. It's not either/or. If you are granted divine protection- it's God's choice to do so. If you are given the opportunity to be a martyr- it's your choice whether you stand firm in the face of death for your testimony to Jesus, or whether you don't. If you are martyred, the verses I posted above from Revelation make it clear that it is a blessing- you won't ever face the second death. If you do not stand the test of martyrdom, then you will be judged on that basis- the outcome of which only God knows.

And as it is written:

When they had brought them, they stood them before the Council. The high priest questioned them, saying, “We gave you strict orders not to continue teaching in this name, and yet, you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and intend to bring this man’s blood upon us.” But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men. - Acts 5:27-29

Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. -Matthew 10:28

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. - Proverbs 29:25

First of all you must understand this: In the last days mockers will come and, following their own desires, will ridicule us - 2 Peter 3:3

A person who isn't spiritual doesn't accept the things of God's Spirit, for they are nonsense to him. He can't understand them because they are spiritually evaluated.- 1 Cor 2:14

So, I don't give a flip what "flipper" or anyone else who disbelieves the Bible thinks- God will be found true, and everyman a liar. -Romans 3:4

BA- If you want an answer, ask a question. For if the bugle produces an indistinct sound, who will prepare himself for battle? -1 Cor 14:8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit