Unexpected JW reaction

by cameo-d 56 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty
    I remember the elders saying this was one reason why you shouldn't pour out your fears in audible prayer to Jehovah, because Satan was listening and what you were most afraid of was the torture you would be dealt.

Yep Satan the Devil couldn't read your mind but could hear your words....

anybody know where this is in writing?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

What memories you all are bringing back to me right now . What an emotionally ,mentally abusive religion I grew up in .

I share all of the experiences you have shared . The one that stands out in my mind is of the concentration camp victims that were stood out in freezing weather and water was poured on them until they were frozen !!! What a wonderful picture to paint in your five yr old child's mind ! Yet my mother earnestly thought she was preparing me for my future .I was repeatedly taught I would have to keep my integrity to Jehovah on my own because she expected my worldly grandparents would steal me away from her and she would be killed or taken away . I was also told never to voice my fears out loud so satan could hear ...but he couldn't read my mind .

And my Unbelieving Dad could not understand why I had such separation anxiety as a child ! ha

Even though I raised my own children as witnesses I always tried not to instill so much fear in them . (I abhored the Bible Story book with it's graphic picture of Solomon the sword and the baby .)Still I will never forget my six yr old son waking from a dream ,and crying to us, "But I don't want to die at Armagedeon " I knew then just taking them to the hall this nonsense was affecting them too .

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Oh yeah and did you have secret hiding places in your home for the literature ?

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Damn, I can't believe we all pretty much thought the same thing about what's going to happen during the GT!

I, too, thought that the GT was going to be like the WWII concentration camps, but on a worldwide scale! It was scary to think about that then, but now I see it was all scare tactics to keep the R/F in line.. How sad...

For an organization that considers itself "loving" I find it repugnant that they resort to fear tactics. I can't imagine Jesus and his apostles telling their followers these kinds of things... One can clearly read in the Bible that Jesus drew in his followers through love and patience, not fear and blind obedience.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Many are mentally prepped to go like the Branch Davidians did. True mind-control fear-indoctrinated cult behavior.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    there were the " survivalists" and the
    "let jah provide" camps, and i do admit we had our
    strategy to escape somewhat in place until it became
    a background, hardly mentioned but not forgotten "teaching"

Chickpea, which group were you? Active or passive?

What memories you all are bringing back to me right now . What an emotionally ,mentally abusive religion I grew up in .

Troubled mind, Sorry my question has put you and others through bad repressed memories. I didn't know it would do that. I can only hope there is some redeeming value in being able to confront and purge this travesty done to all of you.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I don't see anything unusual about that reaction.

Any religion that in some way bases it's beliefs on the Bible, whether correctly or incorrectly, would understand that martyrdom, post death, results in the second death having no power over them.

So, it is a privelege to die as a martyr for Christ.

That is the part I don't think they get.

BA

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

cameo-d you did not post anything that triggered any repressed memories , because it has never been repressed . That really is the problem all those yrs of mental abuse has made those thoughts stay very fresh always in the fore front of any thoughts . Only now Since I quit going to meetings have I finally been free of those horrible fears and thoughts .

• heyfea
    heyfea

civcics00

Jesus did warned :

http://biblebrowser.com/matthew/24-9.htm

In the future, regardless of religious convictions or personal, whomsoever does not follow, obey, worship the anti Christ, will be punished by him. So, I think we're all screwed.

heyfea

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Any religion that in some way bases it's beliefs on the Bible, whether correctly or incorrectly, would understand that martyrdom, post death, results in the second death having no power over them.

So, it is a privelege to die as a martyr for Christ.

I am not so sure I can agree with that, BA.

According to this scripture, it would seem to me that the Bride of Christ are the ones who survive through the great tribulation.

Matthew 24: 30 "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.

31 "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

And also this:

Luke 12:39 "But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have allowed his house to be broken into.

the key here is that "he would not have allowed his house to be broken into." It seems Jesus is instructing certain ones to not allow the plan of the thief to take place. Also in another scripture, it says if we are aware it will not be like thief in night because we will have some prior knowledge and recognition of the situation.

35 "Be dressed in readiness, and keep your lamps lit.

So could it be, that some people will "recognize" an actual alarm and a need to respond in a certain manner. Could it be that the 5 "lazy" virgins are the ones who do not heed the call to intuitive instruction?

If two are in the field, and one is taken; or two are in the bed, and one is taken (and I think both Luke and matthew say they are taken to their deaths) If you knew that some sneak attack was about to take place...according to what Jesus has said here, would it not be appropriate to plan a course of action to foil those plans? Because of all this "instruction and warning" I see martyrdom as being disobedient and not listening.

Btw..you know I am not talking about being disobedient to any organization. I am talking about not listening to your intutition when you have a strong pull.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit