A Mother's Story of loss of her son..............

by Balsam 63 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

That's the sadest thing I've ever read....so very sorry Ruth for your pain. If you are to blame for being in a cult then we all are condemned, and that's not true. We are victims, and I'm sure you were a good parent and need to stop blaming yourself for an accident and situation you probably could never have changed at the time. Your son would want you to be okay....and so do we, so take care and think of the good times.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Ruth,

It does not have to be just videos. I have a MySpace where I can blog and put my thoughts

down in writing. It is very easy to set up, just go to MySpace.com and follow the directions. Put

things like "blood transfusion" and Jehovah's Witnesses in the title so that it can be Googled.

I hope you do it. If you do not feel comfortable trying to do it yourself, find someone to help you.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

so very sorry for your loss(((ruth))). i lost my sister this past spring and i somewhat understand your grief, although i know there is no comparison to the loss of a child.. i'm still active(barely), but i don't carry a no blood card. i dont want to die. if i'm ever given a blood transfusion and the elders question me, i'll just tell them that i had a shitload of blood fractions all at once. the permitted fractions made no sense to me.

regards,

a fellow tarheel

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Balsam, Just to let you know I read your story last night. It's been with me all day and I've shared it with others. Please know many of us are grieving along with you. -Dianne

• Balsam
    Balsam

I'm glad the story stays with those of you who read it. I hope many others will read it.

Ruth

• mind my own
    mind my own

Thank you so much for sharing your story. My heart is broken after reading it and I can hardly imagine how you survivied your ordeal!

My best wishes and blessings extended to you,

MMO

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing a child.

Today someone reminded me to count my blessings and then to go and hug them. Then you reminded again, in a more powerful way than a direct admonition.

• sass_my_frass
  • Balsam
    Balsam

On this weeks SVU Law & Order there was an episode about a woman who refused treatment for her child who died with AIDs. It was about adults who have false beliefs and make bad medical decision for their kids. It could be religious or another reason. See the children looking so trustingly to thier parents to protect them really brought my experience home. Our children trust us to make decisions medically for them and keep them safe. Those who trusted in the JW leadership to guild them are totally fooled. It was a sad episode and a reality check.

Ruth

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

Bump - this thread was just mentioned in another more recent thread, and I feel all lurkers, faders, especially those who are parents need to read this beautiful heartfelt story.

Thankyou Balsam, a thousand times for sharing your story. It has given me courage in my convictions.

i recently wrote a letter to my local childrens hospital revoking my previous stand on blood transfusions, and also updated my own health directive. I will not allow my children to die, or leave them motherless if it is preventable. It has caused tension with my husband to make this stand, but it is worth it if it could save their lives or mine one day.

Telling of your loss, WILL save other people from the pain you and your family have suffered.

Love, Sky (((())))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit