A Mother's Story of loss of her son..............

by Balsam 63 Replies latest watchtower medical

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Ruth, your story breaks my heart.

I can't imagine losing either of my sons, I don't know how I'd go on. It makes me feel so guilty for all the times I know I'm a little mean with them because of my frustration with them sometimes - I can relate to your pushing away of your son on that hot day when you were pregnant. You were just being human, it's allowed. You were no doubt the center of your son's world - whatever you did he would loved you with all his heart and forgiven you everything.

Thank you for telling your story, even though it makes it all the more painful to think of all those we love still trapped on the inside, throwing away their lives, their friendships and making decisions they may one live to regret.

I too hope that by telling your story someone somewhere will stop the cycle and a life will be saved.

Sending a big hug.

Sam

• dinah
    dinah

Balsam, that was sad. I'm so sorry you lost your son. The fact that they told you that's what God wanted makes it even worse.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Burn the Ships,

You are right about it being a spiritual desert. I likened it to being in a vacuum.

Some spiritual 'paradise'. If this is paradise, get me a lawnmower.

LHG

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Balsam,
    I feel very, very sorry for your loss. I want to translate your story into spanish since I have some people I want to read it?. Can I do that?
    God bless you
    Caballo Sentado

• carla
    carla

I'm so sorry for your loss This story should be newspapers. I don't think my jw would read it though I wish he would.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I'm so sorry you lost your son, I have a son I would not know what I would do If I lost my only son.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Oh Ruth,

I am so sorry for your pain. I do not have words to tell you how much I feel for your loss. It could have been our family who lost someone to this policy of not taking blood. We were all in that mindset. We did not know anything but what we had been taught by the Watchtower. We conscientiously believed it was the right thing to do. I cannot tell you for sure what I would have done in the same situation, but I am pretty sure that I would have done the same thing you did. I REALLY believed that it was the truth.

We have all done things in the name of Jehovah, that we regret. I am sure none of them could be more painful than losing a child in this manner.

I really believe that God reads our hearts and that He knows why you did what you did. I know that He is sorrowing for your loss too. I believe that your Dak is with Jesus and is happy.

I know your pain. My son died of a heart attach last November.

He was a JW still and we had not seen him or talked to him for over 15 years. We did not learn of his death for a week after it happened.

Death is cruel, but it is comforting to believe that it is not the end, but only the beginning of eternal life. He was a beautiful and talented young man.

My heart and prayers are with you. May our Lord Jesus comfort you and sustain you.

Forgive yourself. I know that Dak does, and know that his story will help others.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• Quandry
    Quandry

Ruth,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I, along with many here, hope that those who are still active as JWs will benefit from your experience, and be helped to arrive at their own decisions for medical treatment for themselves and their loved ones.

I could never say anything to erase the pain that you live with daily over the loss of your son; but as a fellow mother, please know that you were a wonderful mother to your dear boy. All of us need relief from a clingy child sometimes; the fact that he was so well adjusted, outgoing, and talented at fifteen show that you did things right.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Ruthie,

Stephen and I sat here and read your post with tears in our eyes. All we can say is how much we love ya and wish you were here to give you a big hug. I know how those home videos can come up and hit you like a ton of bricks. I'll catch one with daddy on it. One that I'd forgotten he was on, and it's so gut wrenching.

You are honestly one of the kindest, sweetest people I've ever known. There are so many that will benefit from this post, and from Dak's story. I know it must have took a lot of courage to write it all down.

With lots of Love

Stephen & Shelli

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank you for sharing your story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit