Wrecking of United States of America

by BurnTheShips 54 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

we should start more arguments on this board!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Heheh. We all want the same things. We just disagree on how to get there.

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

You two are making me crazy today. Now you've got me crying.

Has anyone every seen this one? I think it's so darned cool.

http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=home

• dawg
    dawg

"We all want the same things".

No we don't!!!!!!!!!!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

"Libertarians are real loons... what we need is party that's pragmatic." Not sure which of their policies are particularly loony but I do agree that it would be impossible to implement their platform as stated in the near term. Things like abolishing Social Security (which I'm in my late-30s and realize that I'll NEVER collect)and legalizing drugs (I understand their argument but think the social consequences will be worse than they think) are probably not very pragmatic. Also, allowing free market education could perhaps be a long term goal but unlikely to get by the powerful teachers unions and retirement pension funds. Plus, I do think the government needs to ensure that there is a good fundamental educational base since that is necessary for a well adjusted society. But, I think they have some really good ideas about ending welfare (both domestically and especially welfare provided to foreign countries as well as industries who get subsidies) and certainly good ideas about protecting individual freedoms. Actually, if you could pick and choose policies from the big 2 and some of the smaller parties, that would be the best. But, no way that happens. Oh, how about term limits? 1 term, no re-election so only people who actually want to fix things serve instead of the life long blood suckers who reside in DC. I certainly wouldn't hire any of those bozos to work for me. They wouldn't know any honest days work if it bit them in the rear end.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Repairing the United Tyranny of America:

I have several ideas that they will not implement. Why not? Because it would transfer power away from the leaders and toward the people, even though in the long run, leaders that cooperate would be even richer in terms of purchasing power than they can possibly get today. They are more after control than money.

First, let's dismantle the Federal Reserve system and let the government print its own money. That way, there would be no interest payments on the money. Your income taxes go solely to pay that interest, and with the interest payments gone, income taxes can go away too. That would eliminate the IRS and the CID within it, saving more money.

While we're at it, let's abolish all destructive regulations. You would see a flood of crap products followed by an even bigger flood of bad reviews about them. You would also see a flood of true innovation, which would lead to better products. The crap would disappear as companies that insist on making them go belly up. The good companies would thrive, but only as long as they continue to be good. If they turn dishonest and/or lazy, they too would go belly up quickly. You would also see more pollution, quickly followed by companies that seek to take that pollution as raw materials and recycle it.

And let's abolish bailing out companies that put out crap products. If they sell insurance and then are balky at paying claims, let them go belly up. If a bank wishes to charge escalating fees or trap people into bad debt, let them go belly up. The ones that seek to help people will be the ones that make it and grow into huge companies (and stay huge as long as they continue creating value for society). If oil runs out, let them pay $900 a barrel--incentive to quit dallying and get us alternative energy sources in a couple of weeks or months. There is nothing like $40 a gallon gas to get someone to invent a car, out of their garage, that gets 20,000 miles to the gallon or uses alternative energy exclusively (and let's forget about that ethanol crap--that only creates food price problems on top of gas problems).

Finally, we need to amend the constitution to ban (totally) the initiatory use of force, threat of force, or fraud. If every law that is passed has to go through that filter, we will never again have a complete wreck of a tyranny again. Any law that does get passed that would violate that amendment would automatically and immediately be stricken. The result is that the government would lose power to intrude on private lives or the market. And no one would ever bail out companies that continually put out crap products--meaning, if you put out crap, you will have a hard time financially. Put out innovative products, and you thrive.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I want to thank all of you for your charitable works.

Beks, the ideals you mentioned in your post sound good to me.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

For t that hosewould like to do reading on the subject, here is peter Schiffs book crash proof.

Here is PETER D. SCHIFF's book Crash Proof:

http://rs371.rapidshare.com/files/132373919/crash_proof_-_0470043601.rar

About the Author
    PETER D. SCHIFF is a seasoned Wall Street prognosticator best known for his accurate predictions of the performance of the stock market, commodities, gold, and the dollar. He began his career at Shearson Lehman and joined Euro Pacific Capital (a broker-dealer with expertise in foreign markets and securities) in 1996, becoming President of the firm in 2000. Schiff is often quoted in major publications?such as?the Wall Street Journal, Barron's, the Financial Times, the New York Times, and the Christian Science Monitor.

A frequent guest on television, he appears regularly on CNBC, Bloomberg, and FOX News, edits the Global Investor, an investment newsletter, and hosts a weekly radio program Wall Street Unspun. His economic and market commentaries are featured on many investment-oriented Web sites as well as on www.europac.net. CNBC's Squawk Box has nicknamed Schiff "Dr. Doom" for his uniquely bearish outlook on the U.S. economy and its financial markets.

JOHN DOWNES is coauthor of the bestselling Dictionary of Finance and Investment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNxrGWlZptw

Some more

$2000 Gold in 2009 says Peter Schiff,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9tzUwfqvJY

A good look at the fact they did not want to face the truth
    Peter Schiff June 26 2008 Fox Business News - Cavuto
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeSbK_f-bs0

Peter schiff Interview Part 1
    frohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cz-6tYHK8Im 9/07

• abbagail
    abbagail

I like WTWizard and darthfrosty replies.

Though it's unlikely WTWizard's outline will ever become a reality...

-----------

Good summation of current events, BTS. No need to fear... yet...

The "financial crash" scare is about as "real" as the "war w/Iran" scare. Neither will happen UNTIL the self-same banksters are ready to start WW3. Keep watching Israel for the answer to that (when she is ready to wipe out her Arab neighbors, once they are all safely tucked in to a Palenstinian state, you will see WW3). -- (that comment does not mean I AGREE w/Israel).

So until then, just know that the whole PURPOSE of their manipulation of the current financial woes is so they can step right up and provide the SOLUTION, ie, more CONTROL over the entire financial framework.

All "disaster" scenarios are created on purpose to provide the "justification" for MORE CONTROL.

It's all about CONTROL on the road to WORLD government.

They won't "pull the plug" totally UNTIL they have all their ducks in a row.

THEN you can get scared.

--------------------

"Regarding the Great Depression. You're right, we did it. We're very sorry. But thanks to you, we won't do it again." -- Ben Bernanke, chairman of The Fed, speech from 2002 at the 90th birthday of economist of Milton Freedman.

Don't believe it... they dang sure will do it again, WHEN THEY ARE GOOD & READY (see further above)...

/ag

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Makes you wonder if either Obama or McCain have any idea of the magnitude of the mess they would be inheriting.

I really don't understand much of this - federal reserves, fiat currency, Keynesian economics, Greenspan-as-Satan, etc. etc. - it's all way over my widdle head. I just have a vague feeling that our leaders are trying to pat me on the head and tell me that everything's gonna be ok while meanwhile the ship sinks ever lower. I guess that's their job, to keep confidence and optimism afloat, but the methods they're using to do so seem like a massive shell game to hide the truth. There's gotta be a tipping point somewhere where people lose faith, and then it's all over. It already may be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit