Wrecking of United States of America

by BurnTheShips 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Dawg - I do agree that too much power concentrated in the hands of any party is bad. In my opinion, the problem isn't necessarily with the Republicans or Democrats. Its with the fact that those are the only two viable choices we have. Really, what we need to have a few more political parties to emerge with enough power to force the other parties actually work instead of sucking the country dry. The Dems have controlled Congress for the last 2 years yet haven't accomplished much. My personal view is that they want the economy to be bad so that they have a better chance of winning in November. Cynical I know, but it seems to me that a politicians number 1 job is to get elected and then once elected, the job is to get re-elected. We need greater accountability in the political process and our current 2 party system just doesn't cut it. I do agree with some of the traditional Republican views of less government interference in the average persons affairs, smaller government, lower taxes. I just don't think the Republican party agrees with those views. However, the Democratic proposals seem to me to expand government even further so I don't agree with them either. I really don't agree with the Republican president circumventing the constitution, yet Congress let him do it so they are equally to blame. Obama doesn't have the necessary experience in my opinion and I think his economic policies will only push us further into debt. And with the same party controlling Congress, there will be an open checkbook. On the other hand, McCain may have been a maverick at one point, but he's a bought man now. And, he's old which means the VP position has a good chance of taking over. Palin has even less experience than Obama. And while I really try hard not to put a religious test on politicians, her extreme fundamentalist views concern me quite a bit. Actually, she scare the hell out of me. I thought about Barr (Libertarian candidate) but the media has made it almost impossible for them to even enter the discussion. I agree with many of their ideas, but think they're a little naive in thinking they can gut the federal government quickly. Sorry for my ramble, I'm just annoyed at the corruption and incompetence I see. We need change, but its got to be more drastic and just moving from Red to Blue.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

coffee black, your response is too stupid for life. Obviously, I'm criticizing BTS for being a weeny who NOW blames Bush's tax policy, but who has always mindlessly repeated the "lower taxes" chant previously. Since I was replying to BTS original topic, how do you think I got on the subject except through the line you highlighted. And if that's the context, then of course I "read his original post on the thread". Sometimes I wonder if people like you are sincerely this thick, or do you just get off on wasting other, more honest people's time. I want my three minutes back.

Ok, BTS, you got me, name the charity. (but please don't make me donate to the Greenspan Libertarians for Institutional Benefactors (GLIB) group!)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Ok, BTS, you got me, name the charity.

Help this worthy charity:

http://www.hopeforhaiti.com/

My wife has already raised $400 through snack sales. (We put a snack/soda fridge in at her job)

Thanks

BTS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Good choice. Done.

Receipt

Ship To:m*** w***
    L************7
    United States
    Seller Information:Hope for Haiti, Inc.
    [email protected]
    This Payment will appear on your credit card statement as "HOPEFORHAIT"

Receipt ID: 0699-5056-1134-1821Placed on Sep. 19, 2008
    Payment ForQuantityPrice
    Hope for Haiti1$15.00 USD
    Subtotal:$15.00 USD
    Total Amount:$15.00 USD
  • BurnTheShips
  • darth frosty
    darth frosty

Marking to say that I will match sixofnines donation.

Burn your a good sport...despite that whole political thing.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It's awesome that you backed up your bet. You inspired me.

Hope for Haiti, Inc.

Receipt

Ship To:****n *****o
    ****s, FL
    United States
    Seller Information:Hope for Haiti, Inc.
    [email protected]
    This Payment will appear on your credit card statement as "HOPEFORHAIT"

Receipt ID: 2442-1252-4929-1433Placed on Sep. 19, 2008
    Payment ForQuantityPrice
    Hope for Haiti1$50.00 USD
    Subtotal:$50.00 USD
    Total Amount:$50.00 USD
  • SixofNine
  • dawg
    dawg

"I thought about Barr (Libertarian candidate) but the media has made it almost impossible for them to even enter the discussion."

Libertarians are real loons... what we need is party that's pragmatic.

Our founders would have done better had they made this country more like Britain, Parliaments are far better than Republics.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Our founders would have done better had they made this country more like Britain, Parliaments are far better than Republics.

Except when it comes to winning wars - against Republics or any others...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit