Is it too late?

by Hikaru 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

Um... no dude. Not to get offensive. But I don't want your pity, nor do I expect you to say 'go back'. But I asked a clear question. I didn't ask "Should I?" or "What to do?" I asked a distinct question of "Is that the unforgiveable sin? Is it too late to go back for saying that and did I decide my fate already? Or is that forgiveable?" If that's not completely understandable. Then I can simplify it more...sir. Again no offense meant, but I didn't go off-topic, you people did.

Edit: Posted that before seeing the post above this one. Thanks, that helps to answer.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, it is not the unforgiveable sin. Feel better now?

Darling, do some work. Use that computer that you're typing away at and go find out the real truth...the jws and the watchtower don't have it.

Oh and do you remember the story about the prodigal son? That is what God/Jesus is about...forgiveness. There is no forgiveness among the jws...only fear.

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

Grrr, Nevermind then. If all you can do is try to sell me stuff about 'researching' and the WT. And not even bother to answer the question without sarcasm. (Hard to tell on the internet, but that's obviously sarcasm.) Then just forget it. I don't need your answers, if that's all it is.

• yknot
    yknot

When the 'end' comes..... (and it isn't as near as the WT claims)....

What will be more important, your devotion to the WT or a personal relationship with Jah and Jesus?

Before rushing back to the meetings, please take the time to read the Bible independently.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Jehovah's Witnesses have been predicting Armageddon since their beginning, the Watchtower knows that if there is no immediate fear of Armageddon, then people would lose interest, you even said so yourself.

You are young--- plan a career, go to college, definitely get a different boyfriend, and don't live your life in fear over the possibility of Armageddon. I was told numerous times when I was young that Armageddon would happen in the 20th century, several watchtowers even alluded to that. The proof is in the pudding, it was all a big hox.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    So I repeat, yes/no... Is it too late to start again? Or did I choose my fate when I said that?

No, not too late. But we all do choose our fate every waking moment of every day.

It is up to each of us to choose wisely.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Good to see a new member once in a while.

James

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Grrr, Nevermind then. If all you can do is try to sell me stuff about 'researching' and the WT. And not even bother to answer the question without sarcasm. (Hard to tell on the internet, but that's obviously sarcasm.) Then just forget it. I don't need your answers, if that's all it is.

*Sigh* I guess I've forgotten how it is to be 18. Geez woman you're an adult. Time to face that there are no easy ways out. There are no easy answers. But there is information at your fingertips that is only a few strokes away. Please don't tell me that you can't do this for yourself and your sanity.

I was not being sarcastic, I was being straightforward and giving you honest advice. If you want fairytales and easy answers go back to the jws or better yet disneyland (now that was sarcasm).

Josie

• yknot
    yknot

I would not suggest following blindly. I would not return to the Kingdom Hall either. At some point in time the Watchtower decided like men before them throughout history to exalt themselves on the same level as Jehovah. For just as 'Christendom' could supposedly lose Jehovah's blessings, so can and has the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. The suggestion to research is based on the Bereans in the Bible, who searched the scriptures to make sure of all things. Once baptized a Witness is not allowed (yes many POs,COs, & DOs have actually said this) to research and question anymore. Anytime a Jehovah's Witness doesn't fully agree with the current teachings of the Watchtower, they are committing apostasy according to the Watchtower. Ultimately, 1914, 1918, & 1919 are fiction. Even the Watchtower admits they are not 'inspired of God' and have no greater wisdom then many in the 'great crowd'...... May 1, 2007 QFR

• jgnat
    jgnat

1. The unforgivable sin is witnessing the power of God and calling it from Satan. For instance, the pharisees saw Jesus heal people, and said he got that power from Satan. Read the scripture in context (Mark 3:29-30).

2. God has not given us a spirit of fear but of love, as children of God. Fear is from Satan. Don't fall for it. (Romans 8:12-16)

3. Don't worry about tomorrow or the next day. Live each day with honor and love, and the rest takes care of itself. (Matthew 6:19-34)

The Jehovah's Witnesses say that the rest of the world is under the power of Satan, and deny all the good that is outside their walls. If this is false, they are committing the unforgivable sin. If they attract members or keep members out of fear, they are from Satan. If you fear the judgement to come, you have not found the love and forgiveness from God. How did the Watchtower society manage to keep you from that freedom?

“And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck." Mark 9:42

By denying millions of people the hope of forgiveness, I think the Watchtower society has tied their own millstone.

• yknot
    yknot

Here are some expected changes being made by the Watchtower over then next decade or so....

The Watchtower's motto is .....proclaim/expect Armageddon like it is going to happen tomorrow... plan like it isn't ever gonna happen!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/165229/1.ashx

Please keep posting and participating on JWD.

Consider registering too with JWS http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php since JWD's forum section may close.

Wishing you peace and holy spirit...... Yknot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit