How Many Here Have Voted Since You've Left The Religion?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know a few that have recently registered. What about choo?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Wife and I registered to vote (in 1988) about 6 months before the DA letter went in the mailbox. I'd always been a political animal before being absorbed by the entity, so it was a natural for me.

It was kind of funny, by that time we knew we were on the way out, but it was going off into new territory. Without consulting with her I went to the county office on my lunch break and registered. (Looking over my shoulder for elders the whole time) When she picked me up I started to tell her what I'd done "I did something to today..." I got that far and she said "so did I." She'd registered at the library about the same time I was signing up.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've been voting since I left and went back to design school...since 1988. Now it's a family affair and we take our kids when we go to the polls. It's really cool cuz you get to meet folks who live around you in your district that you might otherwise not have met.

Josie

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I got the ax in early '88 but didn't vote until my first year of college in '96 and have been a regular voter since then.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sylvia

• chickpea
    chickpea

registered/active voter before and after assimilation

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I registered in 06. I just voted on Wednesday in local elections. I may change my party registration now that there is a good Republican of the Libertarian bent on the ticket.

Thinking about it.

BTS

• blondie
    blondie

How about choo, min?

For everything and we look into the candidates especially local.

I still remember that picture of jws going to a government office in Brooklyn(?) to get some zoning thing put through. I can remember the WTS waiting until a local board member was on vacation to put through a zoning request. Is that political?

Of course, remember the UN assocation as a NGO.

Blondie

• mavie
    mavie

Hey BTS,

Tu ne cede malis. Don't ever give in! Wait though, does evil exist?

I think we should negotiate with it.

LOL.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not registered yet. I love politics, always have! I must do my civic duty although part of me says my one vote really doesn't count.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit