How Many Here Have Voted Since You've Left The Religion?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Actually, I was voting in the school board elections before I left.

It was about my kids and g'kids getting a good education.

Do you blame me?

Sylvia

• Quandary
    Quandary

When I found out about the UN NGO affair back in 2001 I decided to register to vote. I have voted in the past two presidential primaries and the election in 2004 and will vote again this year.

Q

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'd say voting is an essential act of freedom that shows the WTS has no control over our actions. Voting is definitely being 'a part of this world' in WT parlance.

I voted in '02, '04 and '06, and am registered to vote again in November.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

I registered for the first time this year.

Obama-Biden 2008. Don't hate.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Registered as an independent. Voted in the last major election. I am, however, not happy with the national candidates to pick from this year. But I will vote.

• bubble
    bubble

Yeah hubby and I have been voting for the last 4-5 years. We want to have our say and that's the only way.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A closet apostate like me has to forego that act of defiance to WTS ..Too risky with family in..

Anyway there is nobody on the British scene that I would vote for...Too many issues with all of them.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Oh, I am registered independent, by the way.

I am not 100% satisfied with the menu this year, but damn it, I am going to get something on my plate in November.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I registered a few months ago and will be voting for the first time ever in November.

sooner7nc

• Honesty
    Honesty

The first thing I did after I disassociated from the cult was to go down to the county courthoause and register to vote.

Haven't missed an election since, either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit