What Is Your Present Status In The Organization?

by minimus 132 Replies latest jw friends

• four candles
    four candles

Just gently slid away......noone has been in touch so don't think I'm missed. No one hardly spoke to me while I was there anyway.

• shell69
    shell69

Disassociated myself by letter in Feb 07. IMO I took away their control over my life and, by my actions, made it very clear that they no longer had a hold over me.

Never been happier.

Shell

• Robdar
    Robdar

Fader in good standing. That will change in about 30 weeks though. I am pretty sure I will be d/f.

• minimus
    minimus

30 weeks? Is something noticeable gonna happen to you??

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

DA'd March '02. Glad I got out before they merged the DF/DA announcement into its current form. I haven't seen any of my former JW acquaintances in years. The last time it happened, I was walking into a local eatery as a few of them were coming out. Their faces clouded over like a storm on the high seas at the sight of me. It kinda freaked me out as it's one of the only times I've experienced a hard shun like that.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    30 weeks? Is something noticeable gonna happen to you??

Yes, my mikvah. I will then officially be Jewish. I will then officially tell my old congregation. I am pretty sure of how they will respond. I'll be canned.

• minimus
    minimus

For normal people, no one enjoys feeling shunned.

Robdar, no pregnancy then.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I am still active, going to the meeting in a couple of hours. Elders havent met with me again to discuss judicial matter. I have a talk this coming week.

• Lease
    Lease

in 1997, myself and a brother were DF'd in 1997. 3 months later he was reinstated. 3 years later, i was reinstated. yeah, that's right. though, i did spend the last 2 years in another city/congregation. i wrote 12 letters to the elders asking to be reinstated, only after wrting the CO 3 letters, they met with me and said "try again". tried again....and again. well, 3 years later reinstated, year 2000. then i moved to another congregation, another city. went out in service, turned in time, and after 6 months, no one ever asked me my information for a publisher card. so, i stopped attending. no calls. no visits. End of 2001, i moved to another city. never attended a KH again.

so, i am.....non-existent?.....One JW from my past still talks to me, about twice a year....she considers me Inactive.

lease

• Lease
    Lease

hhhmm, re-thinking, i think i am a "marked inactive to be shunned". since being reinstated, i was still shunned and told not to associate with.

lease

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit