Why do people use so many derogative, belittling terms on here like....

by reniaa 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    If they can't take the labels, they shouldn't start the damned labeling.!

I love it when you ROAR Jeff.

It takes me back to the good old days in the Roman arena.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

In the above quote - one of hundreds of such articles over the years - they impart to us who left [in a broad stroke application] derogatory and hurtful terms. They impute motive to those who leave without actually finding out the individual reasons for so doing. They take away our entire social network by labeling us 'apostate' and other terms that frighten the Jw's. They insist that we must disfellowshipped, in some cases decades after we faded away.

No - the first blood was drawn by this oppressor called the Watchtower. You expect no response from those they hurt, those who lost entire families, those who were slandered and libeled by them first?

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I love it when you ROAR Jeff.

LOL

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Where'd she go? Oh there she is...filling out her time slip.

-BONEZZ

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think the author of this thread would dearly love to see it die.... It certainly did strike a nerve.

Labels do hurt, don't they?

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Hey Reniaa, now that I've read a few of your posts....I really am interested in your motivation for posing as a JW. You answer that the bible is your motivation, yet your personal life and choices seem to indicate just the opposite. Is this a pattern in your life.....and do you think that maybe the difficulty that you've experienced in your personal life stem from this habit of representing yourself as something that you are not?

As a "worldly" man who has been married to the same woman for 29 years, I find it curious that you blame your poor marital and boyfriend choices on "the world".

In regards to attributing all that is bad in your decision making process to "the world", "bad husbands", "bad boyfriends", "other people", "Satan" etc.....where are these two seperate parallel worlds? There is only one world that we all live in. Whether you choose to accept responsibility for the bad choices that YOU have made or whether you choose to BLAME OTHERS for YOUR bad decisions, really calls into question YOUR personal integrity. It doesn't really matter what you say here, but when you look in the mirror, are you really growing as a person when you "pose" as something that you are not and blame all of your misfortune on external forces?

• shamus100
    shamus100
    People who use silly terms like "washtowel" constantly are verging on Danny Haszard territory I fear

Dear god... I shall never use the term washtowel again. To be compared to such a man....

My view? You cannot please 100 percent of the people 100 percent of the time.... whatever. The world is so label sensitive these days.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Actually hon, that's not um, where we get the term "the Borg" from (although that's a pretty good anology!). It's actually from an alien species in Star Trek: The Next Generation that goes around the universe assimilating various species to their own particular race. Your individuality is stripped, they control your thoughts, your actions and your very life all for the greater glory of preserving 'unity' and 'progression.

Yeah, i know, mary. VM44 had already pointed that out, but look, I don't care for that there Star Trek stuff!

BTW owyergoin luv? orright?

• minimus
    minimus

Calling Jehovah's Witnesses names will not endear Witnesses looking on the internet for info on the religion.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Calling Jehovah's Witnesses names will not endear Witnesses looking on the internet for info on the religion.

True, min. But it does beg the question(s):

• While it might not endear them, will derogatory terminology send them away? Surely some curiosity or dissatisfaction with the WTS sent them here in the first place.
    • Do those who get satisfaction from using terms like "witless, borg, Jehooters," etc., have to feel guilty and stifle their real feelings so as to "give a good witness" in order to bring "new ones" into the fold? And thus deny themselves a very real need to vent, perhaps the primary reason for being here?
    • Couldn't this be compared to what the WTS does with "new ones" - give 'em the ol' soft soap until the claws are sunk in too deep to leave? Soft-peddle blood, disfellowshipping, JW history of blunders and flip-flops, demands and expectations, until after they're dipped and then turn the ol' thumbscrews?

I just don't like the idea of censoring our thoughts and feelings about the WTS. Our feelings are real and they are honest and their expression was denied to most of us for far too long when we were in the bOrg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit