Why do people use so many derogative, belittling terms on here like....

by reniaa 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

raniaa - - - It would be most helpful to you to go to this site for positive re-enforcement.

I'll look for you there :)

99.9% of the posters are active JWs.

http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165

Rose

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

raniaa - - - It would be most helpful to you to go to this site for positive re-enforcement.

I'll look for you there :)

99.9% of the posters are active JWs.

Apparently Beliefnet groups such as the one for JWs actually shut down dissenting views, pronto. Swell. How does that help sincere seekers of truth such as Rosalee and Reniaa?

Anyway, isn't the KH (not the internet) where JWs are supposed to go for positive reinforcement?

• carla
    carla

Beliefnet has an area for debate, jw's and Christians debate all the time. Our friend Auldsoul is there and John653 too.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

carla,

The link provided by Rosalee went directly to a JWs only group on Beliefnet. Here is a quote from the mod:

I have removed the thread, Challenged by Apostate. I have warned repeatedly that it is a violation of the Rules of Conduct to bring conflict from the Debate board to this one where non-JWs may not post. Any and all such threads will be removed.

• carla
    carla

Is it just me or do many jw's who come here not read posts but merely skim them and parrot as usual? (I suppose that is dergatory? or is it reality?)

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Welcome to the JW mindset world, Dear Carla. That's the same thing they do in conversations and relationships. I should know. I was born and raised one. Took me being out for a decade before I could say "I'm sorry".

~sigh.~

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There`s hope for Reniaa..She`s still exploring..Something she could`nt do on a Pro-JW site..That`s why I like to see her here..She interacts with us and thinks..She`ll make up her own mind about all of it,when the time comes...............Rosalee is a Pro-JW ..Who does`nt think the WBT$ rules apply to her..She`s behaves as though she`s above everyone..Pro-JW`s,the WBT$,Us and the rest of the human race..She`s an outsider no matter where she goes...........Reniaa has a much more promising future................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Rosalee,

I think it is clear from where you recommended she go that you consider one-sided viewpoints and opinions the same as positive reinforcement. Tsk.

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

AuldSoul - - - I would rather see raniaa feel welcome on a site where she will not be attacked for asking simple, logical questions. If you read over her posts here you will see that most of the time she has been shown a lot of hostility.

She has stated from the start that she wishes to return to the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Is it at all likely that she will get helpful info from ones who do nothing but discredit the organization?

Did you notice that before I stepped in on her side that most posters here attacked her? Now they see that maybe she can be sucked in here, they have switched their venom on me ... I'm not seen as a likely convert.

AuldSoul ... I used to post under a different name years ago .. we have some good times.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Did you notice that before I stepped in on her side that most posters here attacked her? Now they see that maybe can be sucked in here, they have switched their venom on me ... I'm not seen as a likely convert.

Rosalee, after going back and reading through your posts, the one thing that really comes across is a person who WANTS to be verbally attacked because then you can say you are the victim.

There are times you seem to be a caring person, but often you are the one who is provoking the situation. I rarely see you treat the people here with genuine, honest concern unless they are either a jw, or questioning jw who you are seeking to save.

How often have you taken the time to get to know the people here who have genuinely been hurt? Instead you come across as someone who would rather call everyone here liars because YOU have not experienced what they have experienced.
    An attitude like that is not going to make you many friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit