Why do people use so many derogative, belittling terms on here like....

by reniaa 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

maybe for the same reason the bible namecalls:

sinners

undeserving

apostates

it's just easier to package people up and put a label on them. makes for easier judging

• reniaa
    reniaa

maybe for the same reason the bible namecalls:

sinners

undeserving

apostates

it's just easier to package people up and put a label on them. makes for easier judging

Isn't the bible name calling in these instances in response to actions from the actual persons, by defination a sinner has sinned in some way to become a sinner and an apostate opposes their former religion, to be denegrated and labelled for just being a member of a faith is taking things to the extreme.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Because the Watchtower Society is a destructive cult that puts its "faithful and discreet slave" sham organization in the place of God. It deserves to be belittled in light of all the harm that's been done to its followers.

Consider the double standard that allowed those in Malawi to be beaten and raped for not purchasing a government card. Meanwhile it was a common practice to allow those in Mexico to bribe officials into falsifying the government required military service and yet the Society let those brothers stay on in positions of congregation authority.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Educate yourself! Read "Crisis of Conscience". Read "Combatting Cult Mind Control".

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

What? You have to be politically correct to some crazed cult that teaches you lies?

If you set yourself up That you are Gods Organization and spokesperson for the world then your leaving yourself open for attacks!

Don't proclaim you have the truth when your organization is full of lies and deceit!

And we won't make fun of it!

Thank you!

What good things do you have to say about

DAVID kORESH

Oh Jim Jones was a swell guy he really loved his people! WOW

GET REAL!

Lets not say anything bad about Hitler it might hurt somones feelings!

IF THE SHOE FITS!

• chickpea
    chickpea

i cannot imagine the level of indignation
    experienced by a Jdub purusing this site
    would surpass that of non-dubs who are
    labeled "worldly" or who take offense
    at the b0rg calling their oft failed and
    never proven teachings as "THE truth"

believe me, that palaver infuriates the unassimilated

• Robdar
    Robdar

Because before you can fight evil, you must first name it for what it is?

Borg

Witlesses

Witchtower

etc

Hmmm, all of the above seem pretty accurate to me.

I know a lot are hurting but using these expressions do not help people viewing to see this site as user friendly to all.

User friendly? I didn't know that user friendly was JWD's purpose. I though it was to call out the Watchtower and reveal the truth about "the truth. Sometimes the truth ain't purty.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Reniaa,

I take it we have you back in the apostate fold?

Paul

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If you were a guy with a very small penis you would be frustrated with others also.

Rub a Dub

• reniaa
    reniaa

Firstly i will say i agree with you on the JW's use of the term "worldly" they shouldn't it's to easy to use labels to denote superiority and belittle a group of people, But i personally find the borg word more distastful because it certainly denotes by it's origins worse than "worldly" does.

To the poster that compared JWs to hitler i'd like to see you say that face to face with witnesses that have been in hitler conscentration camps for their faith,

Does witnesses suffering because they make a stand for their faith make the organisation bloodguilty?...this is a surprisingly hard one for me, in previous centuries to die for ones faith 'martyrdom' would be considered an honor now it is held as a black mark, possibly because it has been so abused by the David Koresh's of this world etc although there is still honor in dying for ones country although governments are being held more accountable for these losses of their army lads but this hasn't yet translated to the innocents who die from blind bombing of areas to secure peace, there is still widespread acceptance of civilians casualties as long as it involves other countries.

I also struggle with people defining Wts as mind controlling cult... because I can clearly see were the scriptorial origins of the doctrines of Wts were drawn from either directly or as logical constructs. some of the eviliest things you assign to Wts have very well defined scriptorial roots...i'e Disfellowship/shunning and whether you like it or not the blood issue, the blood scriptures exist even if they shouldn't have been applied to transfusions (i'll be honest i still struggle with this and may always do, if i were a governing body member i would change this to allow blood under life-threatening circumstances on the principle that jesus allowed that it was lawful to save a life on the sabbath), fornication, homosexuality, adultery, Evangelising, Even assigning their faith as the only true one (this one done by NT writers with christianity and OT writers with being jews) and more importantly these are all things that until recently most christian faiths had in common in observing them in their own conceptualised ways, That I or anyone can see all this makes me dismiss the whole cult label as one too easily applied, cults have histories of secrecy involving doctrines/teachings etc which is in direct contrast to Wts having everything in full view, as anyone who has read the endless wts back copies ahem cough Blondie Cough lol

but I'm allowing myself to be sidetract, this whole thread was my distaste of reading B0rg one to many times, and just to say personally "theres no need for it!"

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

who cares how a person expresses themselves about how they have
    been hurt and mislead?

it can be very liberating to title one's hurts and disappointments in order
    to let them go.

they are simply expressing how they feel.

why do you care?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit