Why do people use so many derogative, belittling terms on here like....

by reniaa 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StAnn
    StAnn
    Sorry, I'm too busy being a "dog returning to my own vomit" to reply.

I'm not up to date on proof texting but, wasn't it Jesus who said the above? Well, if name calling is good enough for God, it's good enough for me.

StAnn

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

There are no rules when it comes to Freedom of Expression,not everyone here believes in the bible or god anymore.

This is a board for everyones healing,support and their expression to be expressed however they want without swearing of course.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Just read replies and expressions like "oh crumbs" "i asked for it" "not looking before you leap" come to mind!

When I first came on this site in my innocence as a noob poster I did use "the truth" and "Worldly" and was roundly told off for them so have since not used them on here.

From the majority of your responses I gather the old testament principle of "eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth" is as I see it the main answer for the borg and suchlike labels.

Well I will say sorry for opening what I didn't realise would be such inflamatory thread, your replies have been interesting though.

reniaa

• StAnn
    StAnn

Reniaa, don't apologize for starting this thread. It feels goo-oo-ood to actually get a little of the bile spewed out every now and then.

StAnn

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

Ya the board can be like a bad hemorrhoid,you gotta just find the right cream before it gets out of control!

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

didn't realize it would be inflamatory but the responses are interesting?

Don't patronize, please!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I also struggle with people defining Wts as mind controlling cult... because I can clearly see were the scriptorial origins of the doctrines of Wts were drawn from either directly or as logical constructs. some of the eviliest things you assign to Wts have very well defined scriptorial roots...i'e Disfellowship/shunning and whether you like it or not the blood issue, the blood scriptures exist even if they shouldn't have been applied to transfusions (i'll be honest i still struggle with this and may always do, if i were a governing body member i would change this to allow blood under life-threatening circumstances on the principle that jesus allowed that it was lawful to save a life on the sabbath), fornication, homosexuality, adultery, Evangelising, Even assigning their faith as the only true one (this one done by NT writers with christianity and OT writers with being jews) and more importantly these are all things that until recently most christian faiths had in common in observing them in their own conceptualised ways, That I or anyone can see all this makes me dismiss the whole cult label as one too easily applied, cults have histories of secrecy involving doctrines/teachings etc which is in direct contrast to Wts having everything in full view, as anyone who has read the endless wts back copies ahem cough Blondie Cough lol

The WTB&TS goes way beyond what is written in the Bible. Disagreeing with a man made organization is nowhere on the list of df'ing offenses in the Bible. The Bible never commanded Christians to go door to door. The Bible says to abstain from animal blood. There is much secrecy in the WTB&TS; ie: child molestation, domestic violence, rape within the congregation that has been kept secret until victims recently tired of being victims. Now even the main doctrines are being kept secret from the public with the watered down version of the Watchtower magazine for public consumption.

Look up the eight indicators of a cult, and tell me that the jws don't follow all of them.

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

Reniaa, one important distinction regarding these terms: Words like borg, Witchtower, etc refer to the organization -- and this is indeed an organization that swallows people up and sucks them dry for its own purposes. On the other hand, terms like worldly, bird food, etc refer to individuals, tossed around as self-righteous hatefulness from a position of false piety.

I'm sorry if you feel insulted or uncomfortable by some of the terms for the WTS that are used here, but I really think you should look deeper into where that is coming from and what such terms are actually saying. I don't use them myself (except, occasionally, borg). The individual human beings who are trapped in "the borg" can get out, but first they have to see it for what it is.

As for the WTS teachings coming from nuggets of scriptural "accuracy," well sure that's certainly the case in many instances. The problem is that the WTS takes small scriptural nuggets, isolates them from context, twists them into something that is NOT remotely scriptural, and then brings down this "enhanced interpretation" like an iron fist. Often the end result is very heinous and destructive stuff that is passed off as "Jehovah's word, expanded upon and relayed by Jehovah's mouthpiece." Think about that.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I can't call it "the truth" when it quite clearly isn't, and I will feel free to explain my position to anybody that does. I dislike the term "worldly" because I'm not. I'm a Christian, in the real sense, not a follower of those guys in Brooklyn. For the record, I don't call non-Christians anything other than non-Christians, and then only in a general sense. If a specific person wants to be referred to as something in particular, I will cheerfully call him that. If the WTBS collective doesn't like derogatory terms, I'd suggest they start acting like Christians and quit using them.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Remember, Renaii, that "apostates" are not an organized movement. Most here are not concerned with a mounting a strategic battle to persuade JWs to leave the organization - only with supporting those who already strongly have the stench of the lies and strongarm coercion in their nostrils and are here to share, validate and commiserate. Such as you.

Most here are "apostates" but also individuals who speak for themselves. The only common denominator is that most feel that their lives have been severely damaged by their association with the WTS. It can be very cathartic to identify one's abuser, persecutor, or oppressor in demeaning terms. The WTS deserves much harsher judgment and punishment, but this is the best we can do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit