Your Stories or Poems

by compound complex 135 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

OK. Since you started this Martian thing.....

I read in some Jewish literature that the soup for which Esau sold his birthright to Jacob, was a RED soup. Now, perhaps there was some underlying symbolism in giving such a precise definition of this soup. I tend to think so, but then, maybe it's just my imagination. Other literature has described it as lentil soup. Soup is soup, unless of course, it's one of Hortensia's recipes!

So anyway, I am sharing with you an excerpt about Jacob. This is from my current story thread "Interview with a Nephilim" which should actually have been titled "Interview with a Watcher".

Time of Jacob’s Troubles

The rain was so fine that it whirled as a mist in the cool air. A breeze tossed strands of the man’s hair and as the morning light passed through it, I saw burgundy highlights. The mist gathered in an aura around him and twinkles of gold stood suspended in mid air. It suddenly struck me that this was why artists had depicted them with halos. In the shadows of clouds, he became even more illuminated.

I thought of asking his name. It seemed rather awkward and impolite to continue a conversation without knowing his name at this point. But then, I thought of the story of Jacob. Had he not asked the name of his angel and received an infliction?

In my minds eye, I saw Jacob with his angel. The engagement was not one of physical wrestling; it was not a tug of war. “Wrestling” was a poor choice of words for what was intended as a figurative expression of engaging conversation with a messenger. Jacob was in awe of the angel messenger. He hung onto every word the angel spoke. He learned much and voluntarily conspired to assist them when he thought there was an advantage in it for himself.

Jacob may have had his good points, but from his youth he was a liar, a deceiver, and a cheat. He had a clever way about him. Jacob was no lover of truth. He proved this when he instead chose loyalty to his wicked mother, and his great transgression against the truth shaped the course of his life. It would not be the only time that Jacob would choose family loyalty over righteousness.

The act of the angel striking his thigh was symbolic in two ways. Because Jacob thereafter was lame, it became a physical manifestation of stumbling. His actions caused a great fall in mankind. The thigh is often used as a gentle word for reproduction aspects. Thus, the fruit of his loins carried the scars of his commitment to the program. Jacob’s dream of the ladder bridging heaven and earth was symbolic of his voluntary visit to the spacecraft where he underwent genetic probing and DNA reassignment experiments.

Perhaps this is when he received his knowledge of animal husbandry. He was very clever in using this to his advantage when he struck a bargain with his father-in -law for flocks and herds. Through the “secrets” of genetics revealed to him by the angels, he was able to breed a stronger stock which he kept for himself.

Jacob’s Ladder! “The Ladder” was the NATO code name of a drug used to increase aggression in soldiers. It had been administered to US soldiers without their knowledge during chemical warfare trials in the Vietnam era. Others had discovered this truth about Jacob as well! In their own way they had tried to tell us in subtle messages.

Why were these angel creatures doing this to humans? Was it some revenge plot on our Creator? Was it out of jealousy toward us? We were not experimental mistakes! The ones who created us had created these beautiful angels beings before us. Our creators were experts! It was this angel race who had plummeted us into destruction! A war broke out in heaven …had these creatures hurt our creators? Had we, in our selfishness, not understood this was why they could not get back to us?

I felt an alarming sense of caution come over me. I would have to be very diligent to keep my guard up around this creature. Not for a moment could I let my hand tip. I didn’t care what his name was. It was only the civility of etiquette that even prompted me to consider asking. Truly, though, I did not want to even be that familiar with this creature. He was here for a reason and I did not know why.

“Do you drink coffee?” I asked.

“Yes, thank you. Black.”

“I’ll be right back,” I said, grateful to find an escape for a few minutes.

Perhaps his presence signaled that the time of Jacob’s Troubles were about to be upon us. We were the terminal generation; the generation of destruction. "He will make a full end of all nations." It would be a time when every human would have to decide his ultimate fate. They would each one have to ask themselves the question that Jacob asked: Loyalty to Mother, or love of truth?

“How does a damn hologram drink coffee?” I muttered to myself as I reached for a cup.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, cameo-d, for this twist on "beautiful" Bible stories.

I'm going to find your thread and read more - this is fascinating, especially given your intriguing method of weaving a familiar tale with an underlying, viable background. Who REALLY are the angels?!?!?!?

Excellent!

CoCo

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'll post some of my wifes poetry. Sometimes it these short tidbits that pack a wollup. Other times it's lengthy and gentle. She seems to be able to write and touch an emotion.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well you are certainly prolific. I wish I could write fiction, but I can't. I am a pretty decent writer of non-fiction, instruction for beginners. But I don't think you want me to post a paragraph or two about the lymphatic system, or how to do an acupressure massage, eh?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wha:

Please do! You're correct - a few words can pack a real emotional wallop.

Hortensia:

"But I don't think you want me to post a paragraph or two about the lymphatic system, or how to do an acupressure massage, eh?"

I wish I had straightforward scientific or other genuine fact like you to give some credible basis for the fiction/fantasy I write. Perhaps you could intersperse "any similarity to persons living or dead in this photoplay is purely coincidental" dialogue between you and "clients." Might make money: massive masseuse megahit!

We write what we know. You surely know your material - simply (?) translate the actions and intellectual expertise onto paper, as it were.

Easier said than done? I have every confidence in you!

Thanks!

CoCo

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Cameo - thanks for mentioning my recipes. I read your post - very enthralling. I was thinking of Mark Twain while reading your story. It's somewhat like Mark Twain's writing about heaven and the angels - but with a modern feeling to it. I hope you write more - did Coco say you have more on some other thread? I'm going to go look!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Hello again. Coco, please pardon me for the self-promotion.

Cameo - thanks for mentioning my recipes. I read your post - very enthralling. I was thinking of Mark Twain while reading your story. It's somewhat like Mark Twain's writing about heaven and the angels - but with a modern feeling to it. I hope you write more - did Coco say you have more on some other thread? I'm going to go look!

Interview with the Nephilim..... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/165415/1.ashx

Carry on.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Cameo-d:

It's all right to toot your own horn! I've been waiting for you ...

Many and profound thanks for joining,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Please ... be creative!

• compound complex
    compound complex

FROM INNOCENCE TO DEBAUCHERY

They could not be further apart in their respective worlds – worlds separated by time, place and action. I have concluded that the dramatic unities shall find themselves divided and conquered unless the author succeeds in tying together the widely divergent comparisons and contrasts of the lives of a pair of unforgettable people. All right - I admit it - ne'er the twain shall meet ... the chasm will not be bridged. No bringing together of such different souls finds its way through my writer's pen.

I speak of two acquaintances: Agnes and Sebastian. Wishing not to suspend too much of the readers’ disbelief, I must, nevertheless, acknowledge that the drama about to unfold may seem extraordinary, incredible and – let’s be frank – patently ridiculous (but only in some of the particulars).

Agnes is a beautiful and winning novice in a Montreal, Quebec nunnery, whose brides of Christ are the little sisters of Mary Magdalene. She is artless in the superlative sense. Her voice is lilting and childlike, yet - when spontaneously given to hosannas - it is that of an angel. Agnes is an innocent of God; indeed, she is AGNES OF GOD. Simplicity, brevity, piety …

Agnes is pregnant.

Sebastian, Sebastian … where does one begin?

New Orleans, 1937 – The Garden District. That only describes time and place (and barely so), but it is a beginning. We never spy Sebastian at home and in his personal jungle. In fact, when he finally does make his entrance, we do not see his face. We never do. Yet no one need declare outspokenly that it is the visage of Adonis. It is this beautiful face that has dared to view another countenance: Sebastian has beheld the Face of God. And lived. Onlookers - men, women, children and even dogs - are mesmerized by this elegant man, only to fall in love with him, him with such charm, such charisma. Of the four categories of mammalian subsets referred to, only one group is allowed to cross the invisible line and participate. Sebastian – the gentle and soft-spoken arachnid – knows the truth about God.

The truth makes absolutely no difference, however, as Sebastian approaches the crossroads of his life. It begins, it ends: SUDDENLY, LAST SUMMER.

Sebastian is a cannibal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit