Your Stories or Poems

by compound complex 135 Replies latest jw friends

• Gram
    Gram

Today & Tomorrow

Sit with me my dear one, And let's enjoy today.

We can laugh and talk, And make-up games to play.

I am full of love for you through the eternity of tomorrows, Oh, how that adds to the bitterness of my sorrows.

I will kiss your sweet fingers when you are asleep, And hold your head to my breast while I close my eyes to weep.

I have you now, though tomorrow is gray, So sit with my my dear one and let's enjoy today.

Written by my daughter when her 12 year old son was dying of cancer.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Gram and family:

So sit with my my dear one and let's enjoy today.

Pain and sorrow so beautifully expressed ...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hoping to hear from you ...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Strolling down the country lane, I once again note the pattern of dappled sunlight upon the path I tread. The play of light filtering through gently swaying poplars, standing as sentinels along this way most taken, brings needed cheer to my heavy heart. At noon, of course, this commonplace though delightful phenomenon disappears. There is no canopy of shade amidst the poplars. It is yet early morning, the angled stream of gradually brightening light breaking in and around massive trunks and shimmering coin-like leaves. A hundred times more I should go this way to town, yet never would I find it tiresome. Physically - yes - but not otherwise. Simple, daily routine sets my life in order, giving me at least some small and inviolable purpose to my existence.

I've yet to learn, after much diligent inquiry among so-called sages whose insights I've sought, the antidote to a languishing spirit. A cheerful child I truly was, my song and dance setting the older folk back home into gales of laughter and the younger into their own spirited imitation of my ode to joy. It was a happy time. I remember well this reality; however, a once-clear and true vision has today released from my frantically tightening grasp and fades unstoppable into nothingness. It is as though never having happened.

My objective lies closer as I muse my way forward ...

• compound complex
    compound complex

WHERE ARE YOU?

Awaiting that just one more person should reply

To so simple my request you write out a verse,

Or lay out some prose - rather simple to comply.

There is no necessity your words to rehearse.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Only he knew the intricately interwoven personal details of a life left behind. Certainly, a person's friends and family observe what he does, hear what he says. Everyday. Naturally. However, so much swirls about in the head and confuses the heart. Even if he were inclined to share all his impressions and thoughts, he could not for sheer volume. The simple and ordinary, the beloved and revered, the cherished yet routine affairs of life. The tableau remains clear yet stillborn in the front of the mind, never to be delivered as casual talk through lips stilled by the sheer bewilderment caused by unexpected events. More than could ever be formulated into words under normal circumstances and, now, the utter shock that shuts down all but the most basic thought and speech.

It was never a question of choice. Acute illness, likely exacerbated by the chaos brought on by a recent upsurge of civil strife, had weakened Antoine. Nevertheless, he was forced to flee at a moment's notice. A lifetime's accumulation of possessions, wealth and relationships were wrested from him as quickly and effectively as a hat is blown off the head in a sudden, stiff wind that warns of worse ahead. The "hat" - the life - is gone; shredded memories remain to be picked through after the storm has abated.

Choosing to do this or that at your leisure is a luxury not afforded those caught in the midst of the bellicose. There is no continuity to the fabric of peace, a peace rent jagged when men have determined their goals will be attained no matter the cost of innocent lives. No matter the upheaval to a land healed but scarred from an earlier war.

Antoine lived. His family did not.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Sass!

Let's hear more, if you please ...

CoCo

• Gram
    Gram

FIRST BORN

My son, my love, my beautiful little boy. My friend, my hero, my ultimate joy. My confidant, my companion, I the parent, yet he my teacher. How I adore his every feature. My world, my life, my moon, my star. Death can not separate us , from me he’ll never be far. This system we live in is but a temporary phase, And into his eyes, I will once again gaze. He came from my body, his flesh and blood, my own. His inner strength a mountainous rock, my precious, brilliant stone. A mother’s love for her son has no countable measure. The years we have shared have been my greatest treasure. With pain and great grief, I will somberly mourn, For nothing can take the place of my dearest first-born. (Written by my daughter to her dying son)

• Gregor
    Gregor

Thanks for sharing Gram but I can't read anymore. First time this old guy has shed tears in awhile...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, Gregor. Make that two old guys ...

CoCo des Larmes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit