active jw's visiting here?

by Ronnie38 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

Actually debate isn't my thing. I would gladly have a discussion with you in private. Choose a topic.

And, yes my charming ways are still intact ;)

(you are quite the charmer yourself ... eel/cat vs barking dog ;) )

• worf
    worf

To Rosalee,

Okay. I will enlighten you.

An apostate is person who exchanges one belief system for another.

That is the correct definition of an apostate.

Therefore, there are thousands upon thousands of current jws, including elders, ministerial servants, circuit overseers, district overseers, and other wt officials, within the wts who are actually apostates, because they exchanged their former belief system for the jw belief system.

And for your information, the watchtower society and its teachings are nothing but another belief system. Thats all.

Worf ( who is not an apostate because he did not exchange the former belief system of the washtowel society for another)

• Quandry
    Quandry

why would an elder ask me if I'm visiting apostate websites?

Yes, it does irritate me when people answer questions with questions, instead of answering the questions. You know perfectly well, of course, that you could have a judicial committee convened and possibly be disfellowshipped -not perhaps for coming to this site, but for saying that you do not think it is wrong to come here. I asked you previously what you did when talks were being given about having contact with disfellowshipped people-something surely done on this site. You did not answer.

I would ask you if you have ever thought of coming clean to the elders about your activities here, but I am sure that this would elicit another question from you.

Do you or do you not agree with the WTS position of having contact with df'd persons?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm an active JW elder, but I don't visit here...

... I live here !

• reniaa
    reniaa

Quandry your harassing rosalee is a good example of why pro-witnesses find this site one to be avoided, you attack rosalee for visiting and what right have you to do that? none! Your only reasons for your question are to make her uncomfortable. Do you ask such personal questions of ex-witnesses? why people come on here is upto there own conscience and whether she tells people about it or not is her own business,

I appreciate rosalees warning to me because she is correct little can be gained from these forums lol you and some on here like you are like ex-lovers that have come to despise and vilefy a former loved one to make themselves feel better for dumping him/her.

and Worf your being a little selective in your definition of apostasy

Apostasy (IPA: /?'p?st?si/) is the formal religious disaffiliation or abandonment or renunciation of one's religion, especially if the motive is deemed unworthy. In a technical sense, as used sometimes by sociologists without the pejorative connotations of the word, the term refers to renunciation and criticism of, or opposition to one's former religion. One who commits apostasy is an apostate, or one who apostatizes. The word derives from Greek ap?stas?a, meaning a defection or revolt, from ap?, apo, "away, apart", stas??, stasis, "standing".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy

• yknot
    yknot

I guess I qualify now... BS, DC, CA.....and gave a number when asked if I was turning in any time this month....

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

reniaa ... thanks for the kind words.

I think you have to give worf some latitude. He seems like a disgruntled, short man trying to look big with large text.

His point is valid about apostasy .. in a way. The difference is that I see him as an apostate because he has rejected the 'true' religion.

• yknot
    yknot

Ms. Rosalee,

What is the "true religion" in your mind?

Why wouldn't the definiton of apostate in Job be more accurate then modern English?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Claiming that you're here to sharpen your debate skills is like saying you joined the U.N. for a library card. Lame.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Reni: I'm in a really bad mood tonight and your response really just perked me up.

I have a few other things to say, but honestly, I'm tired right now. It's been a long day and my brain is sort of wired for er not niceness :)

But I will say this:
    I am GLAD you are here.

I am glad because we live in a world where we build walls. I would rather have you and Rosalee here discussing whatever.

I hope that for the time that JWD is online, you remain, as does Rosalee.

have a great night :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit